𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋 | 𝗹𝗮𝘂𝗴𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘃𝗶𝗼𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲

.・゜゜・——— I AM NOT A WOMAN I'M A GOD !

・゜゜・——— I AM NOT A WOMAN I'M A GOD !

LAUGHED IN THE FACE OF VIOLENCE

PREPARING FOR WAR WAS, IN fact, scarier than actually fighting in war, and that fact dawned on Regina when she walked past Peleus the dragon onto the grass that looked less green this august than the last. There were no more dandelions that sprouted from the dirt, so more canaries singing songs in the trees and no more camp activities taking place to paint the picture of happy campers. The atmosphere was different and it was clear that nothing gleeful was going to occur while she was there.

A lot of the equipment and activity resources were no longer spread around the camp, and it was rather empty. Or maybe it was always like that and Regina forced her mind to forget what her summer camp really looked like. The cabins were the same and stood high and tall, including the Ares cabin which was destroyed by a troll last summer during the battle. It was no longer a chestnut brown colour but rather a red brown. The boar head that hung from above the door was refurbished and brand new, which would usually be shining against the sun but the clouds were covering the giant star so now the boar head just resembled a rusty silver magnet.

She assumed all the Ares children were in there sharpening their tools for anything but fighting the war with the other cabins. Regina knew some of them were itching to join, to betray their camp counsellor and feed their bloodthirst, but it seemed they were scared of their leader. There was not a single Ares kid gearing up beside the other campers. Mad was an understatement.

She headed down the gravel path that split into two more paths: the path that lead you to the dining pavilion and onwards, and the path that gradually transformed into a wooden bridge to create the horseshoe placement of their cabins. She was headed down the latter.

It seemed to take her longer to make it into the Ares cabin, and for some odd reason it wasn't as loud as she thought it would be as she pressed her ear against the wooden door. Normally, the Ares kids were creating chants or committing physical assault on one another, simply because they were bored and they could. She assumed a newcomer would have their head being pushed down into the toilet by Clarrise: a tradition created by the Ares cabin for the new kids of the camp. Regina was grateful she managed to get out of it. Perhaps she was Ares's only exception. Which was highly unlike him.

Regina held her breath and opened the door, but what she saw in front of her was far from what she had expected. She exhaled quicker than she inhaled two seconds ago, as she looked at Silena Beauregard braiding Clarrise's messy hair and beside them was Thomas, filing her nails in an oval shape.