𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾 | 𝗴𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗳 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗮 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴

.・゜゜・——— I AM NOT A WOMAN I'M A GOD !

・゜゜・——— I AM NOT A WOMAN I'M A GOD !

GRIEF WAS A MONSTROUS THING

"DO YOU EVER STOP FIGHTING?" Annabeth groaned as she rubbed the bridge of her nose with her fingers, a clear expression of disappointment engraved on her tired face. "Seriously you just got here."

"Aren't you guys about to go into war?" Regina questioned with a raise of an eyebrow, fiddling with her necklace between her fingers. "I'm sure me absolutely destroying Clarrise isn't the biggest of your problems."

Annabeth tried to hide her smile but failed miserably. "Fine. I missed you, asshole."

Regina smiled widely as she hugged the blonde girl, her arms wrapping around her shoulders. At least she still had Annabeth. She out of two people were the only ones to visit her during the year, and she was lucky Annabeth even tolerated her. The weight of war seemed to be heavy on her shoulders because she looked more stressed and anxiety induced this year round. It was inevitable to her to be more stressed than everyone else, though. Athena was the goddess of wisdom and battle strategy; her kids were basically the brains of the whole operation. Without the kids of Athena they'd lose every battle they marched.

They parted and made their way to the lake in the North forest, Regina having vivid flashbacks of her begging her dad to help her out. She got embarrassed thinking about how desperate she was at that time. She sighed and stripped down to her underwear, Annabeth folding her clothes and laying it on the grass as Regina braced herself, then jumped in.

She felt like she had been dipped in ice, and thought that her body went into shock due to the drastic change in temperature. As she rose over the water, she gasped in both pain and surprise, her whole body shaking as an attempt to warm her up. She was surrounded with bloody water, her bruised left eye throbbing in pain. She could hear Annabeth laughing at her from the grass, so naturally as she was washing the blood out of her hair, she raised her arm above the water and flipped the blonde girl off.

Regina was not the strongest swimmer, so staying in the water for a long time was not the definition of a good idea. While she held her breath and sunk beneath the the surface, a simmer of colour caught her eye. It wasn't just one colour. A rainbow appeared in front of her, rippling as the river did so, the iris message waiting to be accepted. She didn't have any dracmas, but it seemed that wasn't a big problem. She couldn't speak underwater, so she hoped that a small nod would be suffice.