𝗍𝖾𝗇 | 𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗿𝗺𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮 𝘄𝗮𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗶𝗻

.・゜゜・——— I AM NOT A WOMAN I'M A GOD !

・゜゜・——— I AM NOT A WOMAN I'M A GOD !

AN ARMY TO LEAD AND A WAR TO WIN

PERCY TOLD REGINA THAT HIS favourite thing about New York was the fact that they could take a quick taxi to wherever they needed to go, while a giant hellhound trailed behind them and no one said a thing. Regina told him it was probably because the mist shielded certain things from regular mortal's eyes. Mrs O'Leary was probably just another car in the road.

          Regina decided that hunger was more important than a war at the moment, and dragged Percy to the nearest Burger King to fill the emptiness of her stomach.

          They ate their burgers and chips in the taxi to meet the other camp mates. Regina slurped down her Coca Cola and threw fries down her throat like they were pills. She didn't realise how hungry she actually was until she got a hold on heaven's food.

          "Hungry?" Percy asked with raised eyebrows and a teasing smirk on his face, as he watched her basically inhale all her food in the seat beside him.

          "Why, am I just the most elegant person you ever ever seen?" She said between mouthfuls, scrunching up the burger foil and throwing it out the window, earning a rolling of the eyes from Percy (who always strived to be extremely environmentally friendly) and an annoyed growl from the driver who shut his glass window as soon as they both stepped into the car.

          Percy scoffed, snatching her rubbish from her lap and putting the plastics, paper and card in one of the bags and the rest of the rubbish in the other. "Yeah, it's so sophisticated when you play with your food and pretend your ketchup covered fries are in a war against the mayo covered fries."

          Regina shrugged, brushing off her hands out the window. "I'm preparing for later."

          "Which ones are we?" He asked, the mention of the upcoming war making his heart sink to his stomach. He tried not to show how nervous he was, and Regina knew how much he tried to hide it: he'd sink back in his chair then adjust his posture to try and brush it all off. His eyebrows would twitch into a worried frown, but he'd swiftly recover by wiping his brow with his forefinger. He was an open book, no matter how hard he tried not to be.

          Regina smiled reassuringly. "We're definitely the ketchup covered ones. Most of the mayo's got flung out the window."

          Percy tried to frown at her recurring criminal act of littering, but he couldn't help but smile at her reply. She reassured him that she was going to stand by his side the whole way, and he knew she meant it. Besides, he didn't want to ever have to worry about where she was and if she was in danger because he wasn't with her.