𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇 | 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲

.・゜゜・——— I AM NOT A WOMAN I'M A GOD !

FOR LOSS IS A GREATER PAIN THAN LOVE

            WATER WAS THE DEVIL'S LIQUID. Not only was it suffocating, but it made her nice clothes soak and stick to her skin in the most uncomfortable way. But maybe suffocating was a little bit worse.

          "Holy shit." Regina gasped as she finally took her first breath after what seemed like an hour. It came off as if she was exaggerating, but by the way Nico was breathing in the air around him like it was his first time respiring, made her seem tame. She felt like she was still choking, like the air she was breathing wasn't really air and she was still heaving up water to fill her lungs. She shook her hair but it felt like it was glued to her head, slicked down with river water. Her eye makeup was gone from her hazel eyes, and were instead transported in streaks across her cheeks. Her eyes were blurry with water, regardless of how much she tried to blink it all out. She could barely hear, as liquid filled up her ear drums, and all she could make out was the washing of various sounds. She pinched her nose and blew out of it, her ears popping open like she was a thousand meters up on an aeroplane.

          "Regina, you alright?" She heard Nico gasp from beside her, his voice raspy and scratched from the water that was still itching his throat. She gave him an exhausted nod, as she swiped her drenched sleeve across her face, taking in the environment around her. It was fair to say they were no longer outside anymore.

          The darkness covered around them like a blanket, only the stars weren't there to give them light. The trickling sounds of water seeped from around them, which made Regina fear that they were still drowning when they weren't. Her hands were pressed in what felt like wet soil, and she could feel small objects brushing against her legs and feet. "Nico..."

          She could feel Nico's eyes on her, as he replied wearily. "Yes?"

          "Are we in a goddamn pond?" She mumbled, pushing her feet against the soil beneath her in an attempt to get out. She could feel fish weaving through the gaps of her fingers, a tail flickering against her elbow. She daren't look, and instead glanced upwards at the infinite ceiling above her. It was gothic, with obsidian pillars and black bricked walls. There were deep red tones, and every so often she could hear a growl of what sounded to be from a very large dog. And it didn't sound so comforting.

          "Yeah, I guess the river water had to transfer us to some kind of other water." Nico replied, walking out of the pond after Regina, his very emo clothing dripping with pond water. His black hair was flat against his face, and he shook his mop of hair around like a dog, flipping it back so that his forehead was exposed. She felt jealous that he was still in the stage of clear skin.