𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 | 𝗸𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝗻

.・゜゜・——— I AM NOT A WOMAN I'M A GOD !

・゜゜・——— I AM NOT A WOMAN I'M A GOD !

KILLING A DEAD MAN

         THE WORST THING YOU COULD DO when you are anxious is sit beside someone who is somehow even more anxious than you are. That was the current situation as Percy spent another slow and painful minute in the River Styx. Nico was pacing back and forth, muttering words of manifestation so intense she was surprised he wasn't cradling a crystal in his arms.

Regina took a different anxious approach and cursed Percy in her head. He was such an idiot, doing something like this. Risking his life when they both knew the end result wasn't going to be in his favour either way. He was irritatingly selfless. Something Regina couldn't understand. If she was in his position, it would be every demigod for themselves. But she was not the child of the prophecy, and this was not her battle to lead.

"You know that you're part of that prophecy, right?" She heard Nico say from behind her, gnawing at what was left of his fingernails. The black nail paint had been scraped off, and his fingers were close to bleeding. He then watched quickly as Mrs O'Leary began to chase her own tail.

Regina shook her head as she leaned forward on the rock she was sitting on, her elbows on her knees and her hands clasped together. "We can't be sure."

"Of course we can," Nico said, making Regina roll her eyes at his contradicting tone. "We both know why Achilles was looking at you the way he was. Why he was looking at the both of you."

"Because he thought we were a couple of good looking demigods?" Regina offered, tapping her fingers against her sword. "Takes one to know one."

Nico scoffed, sitting on the black sand beside her, leaning his back against the rock. He was still tired, and she could see it as he almost smiled at the relief of relaxation he got as he sat. "Because he said you were Percy's companion. Do you know who Achilles's companion was?"

She wasn't completely up to date with her Greek Mythology tales, but she could vaguely remember a companion that stood by Achilles that started with a P. "I don't know, Pinocchio?"

Nico could punch her right about now. He rubbed his forehead with the bottom of his palm. "No, Patroclus. He was his companion."

"Okay?" She said, a shrug of her shoulders. "I'm sure many other Greek heroes had companions too. I don't see what Achilles has to do with any of this apart from the Styx."