𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗏𝖾 | 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀

.・゜゜・——— I AM NOT A WOMAN I'M A GOD !

・゜゜・——— I AM NOT A WOMAN I'M A GOD !

PROTECT THAT PRETTY FACE OF YOURS

IF ANY OF THESE LIFELESS BODIES suffered with insomnia, then their biggest wish had come true. Manhattan had been cursed with an endless sleep, or so, it seemed endless to Regina. They were as good as dead.

Civilians lay motionless on the streets of Manhattan, as if they had all decided to faint at the same exact time. Thomas and Silena were hosing down cars that crashed together and dragging out the sleeping bodies to safety. Elio Gray and Michael Yew were bandaging sleepers on the road, and Annabeth was spinning a magic shield while Katie Gardner scolded the Stoll brothers for proposing a sweet shop robbery in the middle of a war.

They all gathered around Annabeth as she explained things about the magic shield, and Regina overheard something about ships approaching Manhattan full of deadly monsters that wanted to murder them. But something else was on Regina's mind, which was weird because nothing should be clouding her thoughts more than a full on God war, but she was selfish and so was her brain so it made sense.

She was looking at Thomas, and watching as his eyebrows furrowed in concentration as he listened to what Annabeth and Percy were informing. That was one of the things Regina loved most about Thomas; he was a listener. It was what made their dynamic so compatible. She talked and he listened. And he would always remember what she said, recalling every little detail that even she forgot about. She missed talking to him; she never needed to talk to anyone more. She had so much to tell him, but the destructive mix of guilt and anger made her stay glued to her spot and refuse to approach him. Her eyes were glistening with gross tears.

She missed her best friend.

"— and Regina, lead the attack."

She snapped out of her thoughts as her name was pulled into the conversation that she wasn't paying any attention to. Perhaps she should have, because they were all staring her down, expecting a vocal response to the order she was given.

"Attack ... what?"

They all groaned, Annabeth pinching the bridge of her nose between her fingers, which scared Regina slightly because she knew to never piss off Annabeth during a crisis. Silena raised her brows, "the invasion? They'll be here soon, you think you'll be okay leading it?"

Regina nodded as if she knew what Silena was talking about. "Yeah, of course. I'll lead the attack. Got it."

"She can't do it on her own." Michael said, and Regina finally saw what everyone was gathered up in their cabins. She looked beside her and remembered the absence of her family. Convince Clarrise to fight. She remembered her failure. She was the only Ares kid here, and Michael was right. How was she going to take them down alone?