S1E1 ☾ Wolf Moon Pt. 2 ☽

>•<

>•<

It's a beautiful day to be sitting on the bleachers at the lacrosse field. The birds are chirping, it's fairly warm and sunny. Today's the final day of tryouts and I promised the boys I'd be here supporting them.

Coach blows the whistle and tryouts begin. Scott is doing unbelievably amazing, until Jackson knocks him to the ground. They start over and Scott has the ball, he does a hands-free round-off flip over three players before scoring. Everyone cheers for him, except me and Stiles. I look down at the boy on the bench, who has a worried expression on his face. I get up from my seat and walk down to sit with him.

"What's wrong?" I place my hand on his shoulder, startling him. He was obviously in deep thought, probably trying to figure out how our best friend is suddenly so athletic.

"I'm just trying to figure out how he's suddenly—impossibly—incredible at lacrosse."

As much as I don't want the boys to find out what I am, I don't want Scott to run around Beacon Hills killing people either.

"You know, some people actually believe in werewolves," I say, and Stiles looks over at me. "My parents... before they died... they were all into that stuff with the spirits and crystals and they believed in the power of a full moon. My mom would always spend at least an hour of her day in the woods, but usually she was out there a lot longer, connecting with nature. I'd never miss an opportunity to go out with her. While she would meditate, I'd play in the river and run through the forest. Just having fun in the woods." A smile spreads across my face, remembering the fond memory.

"Sounds like you guys were close."

"My whole family was." I look up to meet his eyes. "Almost like a pack."

>•<

"Why would you kill me you freaking bitch we're on the same team!" I yell at my TV screen. These online gaming 'friends' are NOT cooperating with me.

My phone dings from my night stand and I reach over, picking it up and looking at the message.

Stiles: COME TO MY HOUWE. IT'S ABOUT SCOTT.

Stiles: *HOUSE

Me: Okay. Is something wrong?

Stiles: maybe?? Sort of?? I don't know yet

I was not planning on leaving the house until I cleared this level, but Stiles sounded pretty urgent. I type in the chat that I have to go and cut my game off and gather my things.

Locking the door to the house behind me, I walk down the steps to my 4Runner and drive to his house. I knock on the door, but no one answers. Sheriff Stilinski isn't home, and Stiles probably can't hear me from his room, so I use my key to unlock the door and go in.