S1E9 ☾ Wolf's Bane ☽

>•<

>•<

The bright city lights pass by in a blur— nothing but a colorful streak out the window. The roar from the engine of the Camaro is the only sound in the dead of night. I press the gas pedal harder, making the RPM rev up.

"Faster?" I ask.

"Much faster," Stiles replies from the passenger seat.

I step on the gas pedal harder.

"If I ever need someone to drive a getaway car, remind me to call you," Stiles says, grinning from ear to ear. I drift around a corner trying to throw Kate Argent off my tail. Apparently, it worked because she's no longer chasing us.

"I learned it all from video games," I say.

Stiles turns on his hand held radio to listen to what the police are saying. "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works."

"Hold on!" I shift gears and do a doughnut, sending us in the direction of the Iron Works to pick up Derek.

"Have I ever told you how incredibly badass you are?" Stiles asks.

"Yeah, you're amazing," Scott agrees from the back seat.

"Thanks, boys." I turn a corner and skid to a stop.

Stiles opens the passenger door for Derek, then climbs into the back with Scott. Chris Argent starts shooting at us and I take off squalling just as Derek shuts the door.

"What part of 'laying low' don't you understand??" I ask, keeping my eyes on the road ahead.

"Dammit, I had him!" Derek curses.

"Who? The Alpha?" Stiles sticks his head between Derek and I in the front.

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the friggin' police showed up."

"Whoa! Hey, they're just doing their jobs—" Stiles defends his dad.

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state!"

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it," Scott says.

"All right!" I shout. "How did you find him?"

Derek gets a look like he isn't going to tell us.

"No way, dude," I say. "You are going to tell us. I'm not taking 'no' for an answer."

Derek still hesitates.

"Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?" Scott asks.

"Yeah, all of us!" Stiles adds.

"I trust y/n," Derek responds.

"Aw, thanks Derek." I smile. "I trust you, too."

"Now you," he points at Scott and indicates he trusts him a little bit with his hands. "And you." He points at Stiles next. "I don't trust you at all."