S1E2 ✩ Second Chance at First Line ✩

>•<

>•<

I sit on the bleachers sketching in my notebook while the boys practice lacrosse. It's peaceful out here, except for coach yelling.

"My grandmother can move faster than that, and she's dead! You think you can move faster than the lifeless corpse of my dead grandmother?" He yells in Scott's face.

This morning, Scott told me about how Allison's family are werewolf hunters. Isn't that just lovely? I knew there were hunters here, but I didn't know who it was because I've never run into any.

Glancing up from my drawing, I see Scott full on running at Jackson. The two collide and Jackson falls on his back, clutching his shoulder in pain. Scott hunkers on the ground to the sidelines, looking like he's in pain.

I stand up and run over to him. "What's happening? Scott, you okay?" I ask.

"I can't control it," he groans. "It's happening!"

"What? Right here!? Now!?" Stiles whisper yells at him, appearing beside me. Scott's eyes start turning amber and fangs growing.

"Oh, my God," I say, trying to block his head from other peoples' views. Luckily everyone is focused on Jackson's dramatic ass and his injury.

"Help me with him." Stiles wraps an arm around Scott's shoulder, I do the same to the other side and we help him into the boys'  locker room. Stiles pushes the doors open, and Scott falls to the floor groaning. "Scott, you okay?"

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" Scott roars in Stiles' face, causing him to fall back.

Scott starts stalking Stiles. I run over to Stiles and grab his hand, dragging him with me behind some lockers. We sit with our backs against them, being as quiet as possible, but Scott leaps on the lockers above us. I push Stiles behind me, trying to shield him from the out of control werewolf, and we back away.

Scott climbs onto the vents, stalking us from above. He looks down at us like we're his prey. Stiles stumbles into a fire extinguisher as we make a break for the exit.

"I have an idea!" Stiles declares, pulling a fire extinguisher off the wall. "Get behind me!"

I do as he says. When Scott lunges at us, Stiles sprays him, filling the room with a white haze. It disorients Scott enough that we have a chance at escaping. Stiles grabs my hand, pulling me outside of the locker room. We lean up against the wall, panting heavily.

"That was a good idea," I breathe out.

"Thanks." He leans his head back against the wall, still clutching onto the fire extinguisher.

"Stiles? Y/n?"

I peek around the doorframe and see Scott sitting on a bench. He's covered in sweat, but back to normal.