S1E11 ☾ Formality ☽

>•<

>•<

"How are you feeling?" I ask Scott, who just woke up after our grand adventure last night. He gets up off the metal exam table, looking a little unsteady. "Maybe you should sit back down?" I suggest.

The bell above the main entrance dings and someone enters the animal clinic.

"Hello? I'm sorry but we're—" Deaton says, walking to the check in desk. He pauses for a moment which catches my attention. "We're closed," he finishes.

"Hi there. I'm here to pick up." My jaw clenches at the sound of the voice I instantly recognize as Peter Hale.

"I'm not sure I remember you dropping off," Deaton tells the psycho murdering werewolf son of a bitch.

"This one wandered in on its own," Peter says. His foot steps come closer.

"Even if he did, I'm afraid we can't help you. We're closed."

"Well, I think you can make an exception this one time, don't you?" Peter sounds threatening now. I tug on the sleeve of Scott's jacket, urging him to hide with me behind a shelf. I know it won't do any good but it's all I can do at the moment.

"I'm sorry. That's not going to be possible. Maybe you could come back during regular hours?"

"You have something of mine. I'm here to collect it."

"Like I said— we're closed," Deaton firmly tells him.

I hear the sound of fingernails scratching on wood. "Mountain ash. That's an old one," Peter says. He picks something up and throws it, probably at Deaton and the Mountain Ash barrier. Whatever it is shatters, falling to the floor in shards.

"Let me be as clear as possible: We. Are. Closed."

Peter's footsteps fade, heading towards the exit. He stops. "There are others who can help me get what I want, y/n and Scott... More innocent, and far more vulnerable," Peter whispers only loud enough for Scott and I to hear.

Allison.

>•<

"Call it again," Scott says, looking through the things on his desk.

"It's not here. Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?" Stiles suggests.

"I can't afford a new one, and I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek." Scott searches under his bed.

"Well, A. You're not alone. You have me and
y/n. And B. Didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead."

"You always think he's dead when he never is," I point out.

"Argent's plan was to use him to get to the Alpha. They're not gonna kill him." Scott goes to his bathroom to search.

"All right, so then, just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to find Peter, problem solved."