S1E6 ✩ Heart Monitor ✩

>•<

>•<

Apparently, at the parent-teacher conference last night, a mountain lion ran rampant and Mr. Stilinski got hit by a car. He's okay, but Stiles is mad at Scott for some reason, probably for ignoring us yesterday and for letting his dad get hit. I don't know why he'd blame Scott for his dad... But okay I guess.

>•<

"Scott?" I pull the book he's hiding behind out of his hands, causing him to frantically grab for it.

"Hey! I need that!" He pulls it out of my hand and continues hiding from Allison behind it.

"I think the book's making it more obvious. Besides, she's reading, anyway," Stiles says.

I sit down next to him and take a bite of my mac and cheese.

"Either of you come up with a plan yet?" Scott asks us, talking about how to get him to control his shifts.

"I think so." Stiles nods, biting into his apple.

"Does that mean you don't hate me now?" Scott glances up from his book.

"No. But, your crap has infiltrated my life, so now I have to do something about it. Plus, I'm definitely a better Yoda than Derek."

"Okay. Yeah, you teach me."

"Yeah, I'll be your Yoda."

"Yeah, you be my Yoda," Scott says cluelessly.

"Your Yoda I will be." Stiles does a bad Yoda impression, making me laugh. Scott, however, isn't amused by it. "I said it backwards," Stiles explains.

"Yeah, I know," Scott cuts him off.

"All right, you know what? I definitely still hate you. Uh-huh. Oh, yeah." Stiles packs up all his stuff and grabs the book out Scott's hand, blowing his cover, then walks away. Scott and I follow after him.

>•<

I start picking the lock on the doorknob to Coach's office. "Stiles, you keep a look out," I instruct him.

"Again, it's always me. Why can't someone else be the lookout? I'm tired of it always being me." He pouts.

"Because there are only two of us and I'm the one who knows how to pick a lock." I hold up my hairpin.

He groans and turns around to keep watch.

"Remember, if someone comes, two kicks on the door," I say, and enter the office. I look through the shelves and don't see anything. I check the drawers next and find it. Quickly, I shove the heart monitor in my bag and turn to look for Coach's phone. He probably didn't leave it in here, but it's worth a look anyway.