awesome .02

the boys heard someone coming down the stairs and saw nini. they both got up from the couch and met nini at the the bottom of the stairs. the girl looked around the room to see pizza boxes and soda cans everywhere. he had video game disks stacked in a pile at the corner of the room and action figures propped up on his dresser. red grew embarrased and kicked a soda can to the side.

"hey! you made it!" red eagerly exclaimed.

"yes, somehow," nini answered and gave them an awkward smile. ricky and her exchanged glances before the girl looked around, "uh...what have you guys been up to?"

"pizza and site watching," ricky answered. they made their way to red's computer. nini saw a countdown and the lego model on the screen, "two more minutes before the sale starts and then we'll be a in a world of bliss."

nini let out a chuckle, "have you guys ever done this before?"

red and ricky rasied their eyebrows. "uh, done what?" red asked.

"you know.. like bought something that was in high demand? like concert tickets for example," nini answered. red and ricky shook their heads and the girl let out a sigh. she continued, "pull out your phones."

the girl sat at in the chair while the two boys stood behind her. red and ricky did as they were instructed. they pulled out their phones and nini told them to go to the website. nini did the same and gave them a bright smile, "great, now you have four chances."

"smart but technically five because ricky has a 'guy', remember?" red added on, nudging ricky on the side with a smirk. ricky let out a sigh.

"red, i'm the 'guy'," ricky told his friend, "i thought you understood the joke."

red furroweed his eyebrows together, "that was so not clear, dude. and if anything.. nini's the guy. sorry."

ricky and nini flashed each other a smile before ricky focused on the screens, "yeah, i'll give her that. okay anyways, we have thirty seconds. you guys ready?"

nini and red nodded their heads. in the span of those seconds, red and ricky's phone crashed. the boys scrambled to get back into the website but the server was not loading. they started to freak out, yelling amongst each other on how their phones weren't working. by the time they got back into the website, the sale ended.

"fuck," ricky muttered under his breath as he tucked his phone away in his pocket.

"we always have next year ... again," red said in a pessimistic tone.

nini turned around in her chair with a devilish smirk on her face, "thought you guys would be more excited... considering that we got two."

red and ricky looked up to see the computer screen say 'you got it'! nini held her phone screen up that said the same thing. the boys jaw dropped and they jumped up and down in glee.

"HOLY SHIT," red yelled as inched his face closer to the computer screen, "is this real life?? nini, you are an angel sent from above?!!"

"nini! oh my god?? i could kiss you right now," ricky blurted out. the room fell silent as nini and red awkwardly looked at ricky.

"uh..what?" nini quietly asked, making eye contact with the curly headed boy. he scratched the back of his head and let out an awkward chuckle.

"uh, i m-mean? metaphorically ... speaking?? it was an in the moment kinda uh thing⏤obviously, i don't wanna kiss you?? i mean!! not that you're gross or anything! you're actually like uh really pretty—but i don't want you to kiss me? not that i wouldn't mind it—"

"—i get it... ricky," nini awkwardly said and gave him a forced smile, "it's cool."

ricky let out a sigh of relief and cleared his throat, "cool," he simply replied back and gave the girl a thumbs up.