identity .09

the boy crawled in through his window, making sure to not make any sudden noise. he crawled along his ceiling at a slow pace, making sure not to startle aunt may who was in the kitchen. ricky shot out a web, pulling his door to finally close it. the boy let out a sigh of relief as his feet safely hit the ground and he pulled off his mask. he turned around to see red sitting on his bed with a shocked face. red was holding the lego death star model in his hands, too stunned to speak.

the lego model fell out of red's hands, making a loud crash echo in the apartment. aunt may furrowed her eyebrows and started to make her way toward's ricky's room. "what was that?!"

ricky shot more webs on his door and door handle so aunt may couldn't get in. he ran around his room scrambling to try and take off his suit. the door knob jingled as aunt may tried to come in, "ricky, everything okay?"

"everything's fine!! don't come in here!" ricky yelled back in nervousness. aunt may furrowed her eyebrows but shook her head. ricky heard the women walk away and head towards the kitchen again. ricky looked back at red.

"red—"

"you're—"

"red, list—"

"you're spider-man??!!"

"no, i'm not."

"you're spider-man from twitter!?"

"i don't... i don't use twitter."

"i'm your only follower on your private twitter!"

"i'm not spider-man!!"

"i just saw you crawl on your ceiling?!"

"t-that wasn't me."

"what do you mean that wasn't you?! i literally saw you!"

"red, what are you even doing here?!"" ricky asked his best friend as he started to take off suit.

"you told me to come whenever! so i did!" red argued back in defense. ricky mentally slapped himself in the face. red continued, "does aunt may know?"

"no! nobody knows," ricky frantically answered as he threw his suit in his closet and threw on a hoodie and some pajama pants.

"not even nini?"

"especially not nini," ricky vocalized, "so i swear — red! you can't tell anyone."

"i can't believe you're spider-man!"

"stop saying it so loud, oh my fucking—"

"—okay! i'm sorry," red apologized with excitement. ricky looked up at red who couldn't stop smiling like crazy. "can i try on you suit?"

"no."

+

"can i be your guy in a chair?" red asked ricky as they headed into the school.

"my what?"

"you know! your guy in a chair! if you ever need help like escaping a building i could tell you where to go cause i'll have like screens all in front of me."

"i don't need a guy in a chair," ricky answered looking at red with disbelief.

"perfect, i'm the guy in the chair. okay, so do you like still pay for the subway or do you just ride on top of it now?" red annoyingly asked ricky through the school hallways. ricky rolled his eyes as red continued, "OR! do you swing to school??"

ricky stepped in front of red in the hallway, "red, i love you. you're my best friend. but i swear to god, if you talk about me being spider-man in school one more time i'm gonna web you to one of the flag poles."