four hands bloody .34

TW / gory scenes

richard pulled nini's body in. nini's body clashing into the serrated piece of glass, stabbing her through the stomach. richard looked at nini in the eyes while hers became lifeless. nini looked down to her stomach. everything hurt but it felt like she couldn't feel anything at the same time.

she looked into richard's eyes. the boy locked eyes with her as he pulled the glass out of her body, "i hope he's worth it," richard whispered to nini.

"NINI! NO!" ricky yelled as he watched nini's body collapse to the floor.

ricky grabbed a shattered piece of glass and threw it at richard. it plunged onto the side of his ribcage. richard groaned in pain and quickly fled the scene.

ricky didn't care enough to run after richard this time. he ran towards nini and picked her frail body up from the floor.

the boy gently held nini in his arms as he examined her wound. nini's eyes were slowly closing and she gave him a faint smile. he felt his throat closing up.

"i'm sorry," nini whispered, "i'm sorry for everything."

"no, no, nini..." the boy quietly said, sniffling in between words, "we're gonna get you out of here. just stay strong, okay? hold on... just hold on a little longer."

ricky put his hand over her stomach, trying to stop the blood from leaving her body. nini placed her hand over his and shook her head. when ricky looked down at their hands, he noticed her blood was black not red.

ricky studied nini again, "...you saved her?"

the girl nodded her head as a single tear rolled down her cheek, "she's safe. she's hiding.... your nini is okay."

"nina," ricky breathed out.

"yeah," the girl exhaled as a soft smile escaped her lips, "i'm sorry... for everything.... you and nini didn't deserve it. nini.. she's um... she's so smart... and kind. she's everything i've always wanted to be: strong but with a good heart. i could see why you're in love with her... ricky, you're a good spider-man but you're an even better person. nini and the rest of new york city are lucky to have you as their hero. i'm so sorry, ricky."

"what... what made you do this?"

"i'm paying my dues," was all nina said before looking up at ricky one last time, "thank you for saving me, spider-man."

ricky's face fell. he looked down at her stomach again. she was still bleeding out, "i'm sorry nina... i didn't save you though...."

"you did," nina answered, "saved from richard. saved me from myself."

nina's eyes slowly closed and ricky felt her body relax into his arms. the boy heard footsteps running up the stairs. he looked up and saw his nini standing at the doorway in disbelief.

"... ricky..." the girl said in a hush tone. she slowly crept up to nina, bending down to examine her body. nini saw the blood seeping into the floor and onto ricky's hands.

"nina...?" the girl quietly called out as she waited for a response. nini continued with a shaky voice, "...nina...?"

"neens..." ricky softly whispered. nini looked up to ricky's eyes. the boy shook his head and gave her an apologetic look.

nini nodded her head in understanding, "she saved my life, ricky.... she had every opportunity to kill me but she didn't... why would nina do that?"

"you have a life worth saving... she thought you were worth saving," ricky told the girl.

nini didn't say anything but look down at nina's body. it was a indescribable feeling. here nini was — staring at a lifeless body of someone who looks exactly like her. it's someone who is her just in a different universe.

nina wasn't always so heroic and emphatic. she was cruel and manipulative to nini when they first met. the girl was afraid of what nina would do to her. she was angry that nina was trying to trick ricky to fall in love with her.

but now here she was.

gone in an instant.

gone because she thought nini's life was more important than her own.

gone because she thought she didn't deserve to live.

nini's watery eyes glistened from the moonlight. her silent tears echoed on the cold floor as agony formed inside of her heart.

"she was just a kid," nini breathed out, "we're just kids..."

+

they were at tony stark's house. ricky thought it 
the safest place they could be — just in case richard wanted to find them again.

plus, ricky knew nini needed some medical attention but didn't know how to explain her situation at the hospital.  no one else knows about the multiverse.

aunt may, pepper, and happy were also at the house with them. ricky didn't feel comfortable with aunt may being home alone with an emotional richard on the loose.

tony made sure to install some security and surveillance at nini's moms' house too. in case richard had some other dark plans too. although, they just thought nini was spending the night at ricky's.

"how is she...?" ricky asked once tony left the room.

"she's much more talkative then the last one. that's for sure," tony answered. they made their way to the living room where nini couldn't hear them talking. tony continued, "nini's resting now but i made sure to give her the necessary vitamins and supplements she needs for her body to get fully running again. though, nini's did loose a lot of nutrients and strength but she seems like a fighter."

ricky chuckled and nodded his head, "she really is. you have no idea."

"multiverse nina really saved your girl's life," tony blurted out; "that's uh... that's pretty insane stuff... how are you taking in everything?"

ricky exhaled and shrugged his shoulders, "i don't know. i can't get it out of my head. i can't get anything out of my head... other then what nini said earlier."

"what'd nini say?"

"that we're just kids..." ricky revealed, "i can't kill richard. i don't wanna start now. i don't wanna end up like him and i don't want nini to end up like nina."