hero .11

ricky landed in the alley way and stretched out his back, "god damn, i'm gonna have serious back pain when i get older," the boy muttered to himself as he cracked his back joints.

he looked around the alley and quickly took off his mask. ricky made sure to take off his suit and put on his regular clothes as fast as he could before someone caught him. he stuffed his suit in his backpack, slinging it around his shoulder. the boy grabbed his skateboard behind the dumpster and made his way out.

ricky quickly skated to the coffee shop he was supposed to meet nini at ten minutes ago. the boy barged inside, causing a huge ruckus. nini's head shot up from her laptop and ricky gave her a cheeky grin. he grabbed his skateboard off the ground and quickly walked to nini.

"hey!" ricky cheered, kissing her on the top of the head, "s-sorry i'm late."

"its okay," nini breathed out, looking at ricky with worry. she pointed at his face, "is that blood?"

ricky's eyes widened while people turned heir heads to look at the boy. he quickly grabbed a napkin and wiped the blood off of his face, "uh n-no no! um it's ketchup!"

nini raised an eyebrows, "...ketchup?"

"yeah!"

the girl sucked in a breath, "did ej and them do something to you again?"

"no, they didn't," ricky reassured the girl as he sat down on the stool, "i promise."

"you're not just defending ej again, right?"

ricky cocked an eyebrow up, "what? defending ej? i don't do that."

"you kinda do," nini hastily pointed out. ricky sighed and forced a smile at the girl.

"it's fine i promise," was all the boy said. nini didn't want to start an argument so she just nodded her head and dropped the rest of the conversation.

"okay! so did you want to study for chemistry together now?" nini asked in a bright tone.

ricky nodded his head and lifted up his backup to grab his laptop and notebook. as he was digging through his belongings, nini spotted a familiar piece of clothing that immediately caught her attention. nini's eyes widened as she looked at the suit and at the boy with surprise.

"oh shit," she whispered to herself. before ricky could see nini looking at him, she averted her attention back to her laptop.

"what?" ricky asked, hearing the girl's remark under her breath. he set his stuff on the table and threw his backpack down on the floor again. the girl glanced down to see ricky zipped it up again.

"um... i got an A on that bio test i didn't study for," the girl half lied. ricky raised his eyebrows and gave her a proud smile.

"wow! nice!" the boy complimented, nudging her with his elbow, "you're so smart! i literally studied and got a B but it's okay."

nini forced a chuckle and nodded her head, "maybe you've been distracted lately..."

ricky looked up from his notebook and titled his head at her, "uh... yeah? i guess so..."

"you'll get it next time," was all nini said. she plastered a smile on her face and sighed. the girl insisted, "ricky, what happened to your face?"

"i-i told you. it's n-nothing."

nini sighed, "are you uh.. are you sure? there's nothing you wanna tell me?"

the girl looked at ricky with yearning. ricky held in his breath, shaking his head. "n-no.. nothing."

nini's face fell and she nodded her head. the girl got up from her stool and grabbed her wallet, "okay! you want coffee or anything? i'll pay!"

ricky grew confused but just nodded his head, "uh yeah sure! t-thanks..."