Chapter 1 - Xerophyllums

The worried Madrigal family surrounded the girl that Dolores heard. She was still asleep, and they had taken it in turns to watch after her. Camilo was about to leave when he heard her stir. "Mami! Papa! She's waking up!" The rest of the family rushed to the room she was staying in, wanting to be sure that she was ok. 

"Oh, gracias Dios," Pepa sighed. There had been an anxious rain cloud following her the past few days. The girl blinked, sitting up slowly while stretching. She sighed softly before fully waking up. 

"Where am I? Who are you?" 

"Slow down," Fèlix said. "You're at Encanto, and we're the Madrigal family." She seemed to contemplate something before asking,

"The village surrounded by hills?"

"Yes." She deflated, becoming somewhat more relaxed. "But who are you?" She froze again, looking like a deer in the headlights. 

"Ah- well- I-I'm [Y/N]." After answering, Alma shooed everyone except herself and [Y/N] from the room.

"Alright, [Y/N], I am Alma, but you can call me Abuela. Where are you from?" 

"Jerico."

"Why were you in the forest?"

"Uh- um- I had to run away?" she squeaked. 

"Why."

"Conquistadors?" Alma's heart and eyes immediately softened, due to her past. 

"I see. How old are you?" 

"Six." Alma hesitated, what if she doesn't want to? She asked,

"Would you like to stay with me?"

"Yes- um- yes please, Senora."

"Alright, let me tell the family." She left the room with a rustle of fabric, walking to where her children and grandchildren were waiting. "Mi familia, she has ran away from her home, where conquistadors chased her from. She has chosen to stay with us in Encanto." Cheers from the adults were heard, and Alma smiled. She would be a good addition to the family.