Chapter 7 - Love-in-a-mist

A few days later, in Bruno's tower, [Y/N] began jiggling her leg up and down anxiously. It's been ten minutes since she estimated Mirabel would be here, and she thought up some ok scenarios and some really bad ones. She heard someone fall down (unlike her) and she quickly composed herself. Seeing it was Mirabel, she smiled and said, "Hi Mira!"

"Hi [Y/N]- h-hey, wait, what?" Smiling, she said,

"May I join?"

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

They began climbing the stairs. At first, Mirabel was singing to herself while she climbed them.

[Y/N] was using her gift, floating behind her, hiding a smile. Slowly, Mirabel's voice began trailing away, and she began to complain. She was dragging her feet while [Y/N] quietly laughed. "BRUNO, YOUR ROOM IS THE WORST!"

"You completely forgot that I could've helped you?"

"I- why didn't you remind me?!"

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

After [Y/N] floating them up the stairs and the ravine, they both began to explore what was formerly Bruno's room. A toucan which Mirabel saw earlier accidentally banged into a pot, causing Mirabel to jump, while [Y/N] surveyed the pot with an eerily calm face. "Agh!" Some rats ran out of the pot and went up the the nose of a stone face. [Y/N] made a face. "Hey, look [Y/N]! There's a door!" The toucan turned to look at us.

"Quitter!"

"Yes, there is a door, you want to go through it, don't you." Mirabel chuckled sheepishly. She sighed before using her gift to open it. "Go. I'll come right after you." As Mirabel walked in, the door started to try to close. Noticing that she seemed strained, Mirabel asked [Y/N],

"Hey, you good?"

"Y-yeah, just hurry up."

"Alright." She quickly went in the next room, and [Y/N] quickly ran in after before the door slammed. "Ok..."

"Look! There's something under the sand!"

"I'll get it! Can you..."

"I'll try to open the door." They worked on each other's individual jobs, when sand started pouring down and...was that rocks!? "Mirabel?! Hurry up!" 

"I'm trying!" 

"The door's not opening!"

"Let me get this last one!"

"HURRY!!" Rocks and sand were flooding the room and it was already ankle deep. 

"Yep, coming!" A minute later and she wasn't there. [Y/N] turned her head to see Mirabel digging something up. Rocks were about to fall on her.

"MIRABEL!!" [Y/N] had to use her telekinesis to float the rocks so they wouldn't hurt her. 

"Thanks, let's go now!"

"I've been saying that for ages!" They both slammed against the door, trying to get it open, [Y/N] using her main gift to enhance their strength. Eventually, it broke open, the sand flowing out, pulling the two girls with it. As soon as they got out, [Y/N] used her gift to float, while Mirabel continued on to the cliff edge. "Mirabel!"

"Phew, yeah, what is it- AHH!" She scrambled from the edge of the ravine to a comfortable distance away. [Y/N] sighed and mentally face palmed. 

"C'mon, let's go." 

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

After descending  Bruno's room using [Y/N]'s gift and leaving it, [Y/N] suddenly stopped. "[Y/N]?" She smiled at Mirabel, and said,

"Go on ahead, I want to take a look at something."

"Alright... I'll meet you in my bedroom." [Y/N] gave a closed eyed smile and waved as Mirabel left. She waited until her friend was out of sight before frowning.

"Camilo, stop posing as Bruno's door." Silence.

"What gave me away?" He slowly un-shape shifted into himself. She smiled.

"My gift." His eyes furrowed as [Y/N] smirked. 

"But your gift-"

"My other one."

"What other one??" She simply smirked again before kissing his cheek and leaving to Mirabel's bedroom. Camilo was just stuck there, processing. 

ℙ𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥!