48

hyuck
hey you
psst
hey yoon
yoonmi
mimi
song
you have so many names it's weird

mimi
says haechan
donghyuck
hyuck
wet dog
you have a lot of names too

hyuck
unprovoked.

mimi
it was provoked .
why are you bothering me while i'm studying?

hyuck
because
i miss you

mimi
what

hyuck
you heard me.
or read me? i guess

mimi
hyuck, stop messing around
i'm busy

hyuck
i'm not joking.
where are you? i wanna see you

mimi
at the library
working on an ESSAY! now leave me alone

hyuck
idc about your essay
share your location.

mimi
go away
you're the reason i'm about to fail

hyuck
whatever loser

as much as yoonmi wouldn't mind abandoning ship to hang out with hyuck, her grades definitely couldn't handle that.

turning her phone on silent, the girl focused on her work, not looking away from her laptop until she was completely finished.

upon submitting her assignment, she sat back and checked the clock.

2:03 am.

she hasn't spent this much time in a library since freshman year. proud, but tired, she shoved her things into her bag and set out to find a taxi.

_

yoonmi blinked at the pair of shoes near her door. dark men's shoes, sitting right beside her purple slippers. before she could freak out, the slight idea that hyuck could have left them from his stay here crossed her mind.

shrugging, she slipped her own shoes off and trudged to her room, dropping her bag on the ground along the way.

she collapsed on her bed with a sigh, too tired to even change out of her clothes. she shifted around to get comfortable, raking a hand through her hair.

"ew, you're not even gonna change?" a voice asked from beside her, and yoonmi proceeded to release the most guttural scream she's ever screamed in her life.

hyuck quickly slapped his hand over her mouth and she instinctively bit him.

"hyuck? what the fuck are you doing in my bed?"

"ow!" the boy howled, drawing his hand away and wiping it on his shirt. "why would you bite me?"

"i don't know maybe because you broke into my home?"

"you gave me your code!"

"yes, so you could get in while you lived here!"

"whatever," the boy pouted, "first you make me wait all night for you, and then you bite me. by the way, why do you have no cereal in your house?"

"wait, why are you even here?" yoonmi asked, furrowing her brows in confusion.

"oh," the boy began to look around awkwardly, "i had a question."

yoonmi glared at him. "you came here to ask me a question?"

"can we discuss what happened a while ago?" he suddenly said, looking up to meet her eyes.

"what do you mean?" she blinked at him in confusion.

"you know," the boy trailed, "that thing we did. outside your apartment?" he gestured to his mouth shyly and yoon quickly jumped out of the bed.

"how about we don't discuss that? you said you were hungry, right?" she shrugged off her cardigan before walking off to the kitchen, hyuck quickly running after her.

"so we're just going to never talk about it?" the boy asked, leaning against the counter as yoonmi dug through the fridge for something to prepare for them.

"precisely," she answered, pulling out leftovers and setting them down on the counter. "you want chinese?"

he sighs as if he's given up, and yoonmi silently thanks god for that. she begins to heat their food up as haechan drapes himself over the counter lazily.

"were you alone?" he suddenly asks, and yoonmi turns to look at him.

"alone?" she repeats in confusion.

"i mean, at the library. were you alone just now?"

"uh, yeah. why do you ask?"

he shrugs, maintaining eye contact. "just curious. it's pretty late though, what happened to your school friends?"

yoonmi sighed, finally looking away. as if on cue, the microwave's timer went off and she removes the plate. "it's a long story," she insists, holding out a fork to him.

they sit down on the floor of her kitchen and begin to eat together in a comfortable silence. yoonmi's glad hyuck didn't pry further on the topic, she doesn't really want to get into it this late.

hyuck didn't eat much, setting his fork down and sitting back against the counter halfway through the meal.

he seemed to be deep in thought and yoonmi didn't really want to disturb him, but there was something she'd felt like she'd needed to say for some time now.

"i meant it, you know," she blurted out before being able to completely get her thoughts in order.

hyuck's eyebrows furrowed, "meant what?"

"about not getting back with jeno. it won't happen."

there was a moment where hyuck seemed to not react, studying her face cautiously. then he suddenly burst into loud laughter.

"why are you-, hyuck." she sighed, crossing her arms over her chest in embarrassment.

"i'm sorry, it's just- you're cute." he said, pretend wiping tears from his eyes before leaning over and pinching her cheek.

"i can't stand you," the girl huffed, shoving his hand away.