« 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆 »

3rd person POV:

It was a very cold winter evening, and señor Arturo was sitting in his chair in the living room.

Around him were pictures of his wife, who sadly passed away, and his daughter, who he hasn't heard of in a long time.

He stood up and walked towards the kitchen to get a glass of water. When he entered the kitchen, he sat down at the kitchen table with a full glas of water.

He just stared ahead of him, kind of bored, when he heard a knock. His head whipped around at the sound and he stood up, walking towards the front door.

He slowly opened it, not seeing anyone when he opened it further.

When he wanted to step forward to see if he could see anyone running away or something, he heard a soft snore.

He almost screamed when he saw a small baby on his doorstep with a little note and a sunflower tucked between the sheets.

"What the..?" He looked around one last time before he quickly picked up the now shivering baby.

He slowly but surely reached the chair he was sitting in before and sat down with the baby in his lap.

He looked at the baby and they somehow looked so familiar.. but he couldnt place it.

"A sunflower.." He softly mumbled after picking up the beautiful flower that was on top of the sleeping baby. It immidiately reminded him of his daughter.

"She always loved sunflowers, they were the reason Gabriela was always in a happy mood."

He put it down next to him and grabbed the card that was tucked in the sheets where the baby was wrapped in.

He slowly opened it, scared what it would say and after a minute, he started reading.

Hey dad,

Your probably wondering why my little girl is on your doorstep, but sadly, it wasn't safe where I live.

I will probably be dead soon, they are looking for me.

I'm sorry. I couldnt take care of her.

And I'm sorry to you too, for leaving you when mom died. I couldn't handle it and I left.

I hope you can take care of her, your the only person I trust.

I love you so much.

Sinceramente,

Gabriela.

Arturo looked up from the letter with teary eyes, processing what he just read.

He was so confused. Why did his own daughter leave him? He looked down at the sleeping baby.

"This is my granddaughter.." he whispered softly. He smiled at the beautiful girl in his lap.

"I will take care of her, for you Gabriela." The baby wiggled a bit before opening her eyes.

Two big brown eyes looked up at him, before softly giggling. Arturo smiled back. "She looks just like her mother."

He stopped smiling, knowing that his own daughter will probably get murdered. The baby slowly reached her arms out of the blanket and made grabby hands towards Arturo's face.

He looked down again and chuckled. "I'll take care of you as if you were my own Flor."

🌻 « 515 words » 🌻