« 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆 »

14 years later

Y/n POV:

I wake up to someone faintly calling my name. I open my eyes and see abuelo looking at me.

"Finally your awake Flor, I've been calling your name almost five times!" He laughed.

"Ugh, abuelo five more minutes!" I groaned in my pillow. "No y/n its already nine o'clock."

"Okay okay." I mumbled.

"Breakfast is ready, get dressed." He told me. "Okay, I'm coming." I murmured.

As abuelo walked out of the room I got out of my bed as I put on a simple white dress and I smiled as I look down at it.

I quickly did my hair as I walked down the stairs, careful not to trip. "Buenos días abuelo!" I said happily as I walked in the kitchen.

He gave a small smile before he turned serious. "Y/n, I need to talk to you." I gave him a look signalling for him to keep going as I sat down with a glass of water.

"So, I've been thinking and I want to move out of this town. It holds too many negative memories and I feel like its been eating me alive lately." I looked at him with a worried look and put my hand on his hand.

"It's okay abuelo, if you're not comfortable here, I dont mind moving." I smiled.

"If you dont mind me asking, where exactly are we going?" I asked not looking up from my glass.

He looked at me. "It's a place called Encanto, it's very safe and some very special people live there."

I gave him a confused look and opened my mouth to speak up, but he held his finger up.

"You'll see." He said and he winked at me.

I gave him a small smile and we sat in silence for a while.

"Are you going to do your chores after breakfast Flor? We're leaving in two days, so no excuses." He said with an eyebrow raised.

I was shocked to hear that we were leaving so soon but I hid is and nodded before quickly gulping down my water and heading outside to help out the village.

You see I wasn't very populair here, most people think I'm annoying. I eventually gave up trying to make friends.

I walked towards the center of the village until I heard someone call my name.

"Señorita Flores!" I turned my head and a small kid came up to me out of breath.

When he finally calmed down he looked up at me. "Are you really leaving? But your birthday is tomorrow!" He almost yelled.

"I wont be leaving tomorrow Alejandro." I chuckled. He looked kind of relieved.

Alejandro was the only one in this village to not give me annoyed looks. He was always happy to see me.

"I wouldn't want to miss your birthday for the world senõrita Flores!" I smiled at him.

"Would you like to help me watering señora Bermudes her plants?" He nodded happily before following me.

(Time skip)

"I'll see you tomorrow señorita Flores!" Alejandro said and he hugged me around my legs.

I patted his head and said my goodbyes before heading back inside.

"Abuelo?" I wondered if he was home. "I'm upstairs Flor!" I skipped towards the stairs and looked up to see abuelo try to hang up some streamers.

"Abuelo, get down! That's way too dangerous!" I almost yelled out of panic when I saw him out of breath on a very unstable ladder.

I helped him down. "I'm sorry Flor, I think I'm getting too old for this." He said as he rubbed his back, before placing his hand on his walking stick again.

I smiled and quickly hung the streamers on their rightful place, before heading off to my room.

I grabbed a book and started reading on my small bed.

(The next day)

I was so excited!

Today was my 15th birthday and I couldn't have been any happier.

I always loved my birthday. Abuelo wakes me up with a big breakfast and presents.

I wake up and immediatly put on my favourite dress and do my hair. I almost sprint downstairs and when I almost ran into the kitchen, I stood there shocked.

There was nothing in the table except a small note and a vase with some sunflowers.

Hola Flor,

I'm sorry we're not doing breakfast this year, I'm trying to find a way to get to Encanto. I left some food on the counter for you.

PS: I hope you like the flowers.

Saludos,
Abuelo.

I sighed as I put the note down. "Yeah sure Encanto is probably great but It's my birthday!" I gasped as I hit my own head.

"Dont be so ungrateful! Abuelo wants to leave because he's not comfortable and you're here whining about a breakfast!" I sighed as I walked towards the counter to see what he left.

Arepa con queso.

YES! I happily put them on my plate as I put the plate on the table. "Oh shoot my book!" I ran upstairs to get the book and started reading at the kitchen table with my food.

After about 30 minutes of reading, the arepa's were gone. I almost jumped when I heard the door but a sigh of relief escaped me as it was just abuelo.

"You have a guest Flor!" I heard him say and I smiled as I saw Alejandro run around the corner to greet me.

"Hola Alejandro!" I stood up and ran to him. He started giggling and hugged my legs.

"Feliz cumpleaños señorita Flores!" He said to me. I laughed and led him to the living room where I spent my last night here in te village.

I saw abuelo heading upstairs towards his room carefully. I was getting more concerned over the days, but he told me not to worry about it.

When it was late, I was kind of sad. I was leaving Alejandro and the village. As we walked towards the door to let the little kid, he basically jumped into my arms before he started to silently sob.

I closed my eyes and hugged him for I think a good five minutes. He stopped crying and I put him down again.

"I-I'll miss you señorita Flores." He hiccuped. "I'll miss you too little guy." I said as I patted his head.

"Alejandro! Alejandro!" I heard probably his mother yell. He looked at me with teary eyes and I dont know if I was crying or not.

He gave me one final hug and goodbye before running towards his mother. I waved at him and closed the door.

I heard someone walking downstairs as I watched outside. "Are you okay Flor?" Abuelo entered the room. "Yeah ofcourse!" I said cheerily as I wiped the small tears of my cheeks.

"I can see your not." And he hugged me. I hugged him back immediatly. "Feliz cumpleaños y/n, I'm sorry for not being here today." I smiled and looked up at him.

"Gracias abuelo." I said and he smiled at me. "Now go to sleep it's late and we have a long day ahead of us." I gave him a kiss on the cheek and walked upstairs.

🌻 « 1210 words » 🌻