« 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 »

TW: death, if your not comfortable, please skip this chapter.

Y/n POV:

I eventually faced the fact that abuelo was going to die, and I couldn't do anything about it. So i decided to spend as much time with him.

Sometimes one of the Madrigals would come by to keep me company, but I stayed at home mostly.

Most of the time, it was Camilo or Mirabel.

It kept going for weeks, and even tho abuelo was happy, I saw him getting worse and worse everyday.

But today, I decided to wake him up with a big breakfast. I accepted señora Julieta's cooking lessons, and I'm starting to get better.

She always came here to teach me, that way I didn't have to leave abuelo alone and I appreciated it a lot.

I just finished the meal and put in on a plate. I held it in one hand and a glass of juice in the other as I walked upstairs.

I knocked on abuelo's door with my elbow, careful not to drop or spill anything, but I got no response.

I frowned and put the plate down on the ground before opening the door with my free hand.

I picked up the plate again and walked inside the room to see abuelo silently sleeping.

I smiled and put the breakfast on the nightstand and got closer to abuelo. I kissed him on the cheek. "Buenos díos abuelo!" I said happily, but I got no response.

I started to worry as I was shaking him, but he wasn't waking up. I put my ear on his chest to maybe feel him breathing, but nothing.

"No.... no this can't happen."

I started breathing heavy as I suddenly felt sick. I was getting dizzy and stumbled towards the bathroom.

Camilo POV:

I was sitting in my room, not really knowing what to do, when suddenly Dolores burst through the door.

"Camilo!" She panted as she ran towards me. "Dolores? What's wrong? What happened?" I asked confused and I saw my sister look  at me with a worried look.

"It's señor Arturo, you need to go there right now!" My eyes widened and I immidiately stood up.

"Camilo, it's not going well with y/n." She said and with that being said, I shapeshifted into the fastest person in Encanto and ran off towards y/n's house.

When I arrived I knocked.

"No response, mierda.."

I started banging on the door, but nothing worked and I started to panick.

I ran around the house to see if any window was open, fortunately the kitchen window was and I almost dived inside.

I sprinted up the stairs to hear someone struggling to breath and I went to y/n's room first.

"Mierda, no one!"

I carefully opened señor Arturo's door, only to see him lifeless on his bed. I panicked when I heard the noises getting louder.

I opened the bathroom to see y/n hanging over the toilet and I sprinted towards her.

Y/n POV:

I was hanging over the toilet, hair everywhere, and I didn't notice Camilo entering the bathroom.

I felt him hold my hair behind my face so I could see clearer.