Lin's Pov: Hinting.

I can't tell if he feels the same way...I mean he's always been sort of shy around me. That's normal considering I'm the first person he's ever talked to but....this feels different. He looks intimidating on the outside but honestly....he's sort of a big softie. It's..cute to say the least.

The two of us walk paw in paw down the hallway back to the lobby. I'm still not fully used to my new body but Puro holds me steady as he walks excitedly to the bookshelves. With a grin, he runs over to the nearest one and begins to search for one. Some books fall onto the ground through the excitement as Puro bends over still searching. I never noticed this before but is his tail.....wagging? Its huge fluffy weight sways in the air.

He must be happy I think with a smirk.

Puro stops searching and looks over his shoulder to look at me. He blushes as he realizes I was staring at him. I quickly look at the ground with one of my own. Wow....the ground sure is interesting! I hear Puro begin searching again. I swear it sounds like he's going faster than before.

"Uhmmm....would you like some help, Puro?" I ask looking back at him struggling.

His black latex ears perk up and he replies sheepishly "Yes Lin....that would be much appreciated."

With two quick strides, I'm kneeling at Puro's side. I look up at the bookshelf and study the collection. A Webster's dictionary....yeah like we would read a dictionary. "And Then There Were None." That seems interesting but it looks pretty spooky. I don't think Puro would like it. My eyes settle on a pink spine. Slowly I read and my eyes widen in realization. "Tips n Tricks For Love." My face warms up a little. Really? What kind of name is that? Wait.....maybe this could help me. I lean forward and grasp the book. With a tug, the book pops out of the bookshelf. Dust settles in the air and I study the cover further as it sits in my white paws. It is a love book. Drawn on the cover are obnoxiously drawn hearts. It actually seems legit despite it.

Puro looks over my shoulder curiously as he asks "What's that Lin?"

I turn to Puro and show the book to him. His cloudy eyes widen a little but go back to normal quickly. It's hard to tell with his mask but he's nervous. A tinge of guilt spikes into my brain. Maybe this wasn't the right time...

With a little disappointment I mumble "Nevermind Puro...it's just a stupid book."

As I go to put it back Puro grabs my wrist to stop me. His paw can fully wrap around my arm. I look over at him taken aback and see him staring back surprised at what he has just done himself. His face is so close to mine....We both just stare awkwardly at each other as we kneel close together.

With some determination on his part, a look of kindness settles in Puro's eyes as he says softly "No it's ok Lin...we'll read this book. Besides....I've always been interested in this topic. Humans always write about love. They seem to.....crave it."

My face goes red from the sudden closeness. This entire scenario in itself is making my heart pound! Puro stands up with the book in paw and offers the other to me. He's looking away but it's so obvious that he's flustered. He's so tall...no wonder why he could throw me like nothing! Puro is....something else entirely.

I continue to stare up in awe at Puro. His paw was still left hanging in the air awkwardly. He murmurs in a nervous tone "L-Lin...grab my paw please."

"O-Oh yeah! Sorry...." I reply as he takes my small paw in his much larger one. He gently pulls me up to my feet. I slowly realize that he isn't letting go of mine. Puro stares down at me and I stare back with a blush. It feels like electricity is surrounding us as I stare into the black latex creature's eyes. Thoughts flood my mind. Do something! This is your chance! Don't just stand here like an idiot! Puro's face is a mixture of embarrassment and stubbornness.