Lin's Pov: Scavenge!

Time passes and the three of us finally arrive at the supply warehouse. At this point, my legs are on fire and I need to sit badly. Carrying the weight of all my new fur and tail is straining my muscles. I'm still not used to my body after all…

Dr.K slows his pace and turns his head with a genuine look of worry. Or at least that's what I think it is.

"We're almost there Lin. Just a few doors and you can rest."

Still can't tell. I notice that the perimeter of the building is surrounded by a fence. Big rusted signs are attached to it reading "Warning Electric!" Curiosity gets the better of me and I go to inspect it closer.

Puro yelps his fur sticking up exaggeratedly "Human! Don't touch that! You will be electrocuted!"

The sight of it makes me laugh.

Dr.K chuckles and points out to Puro "The fences have had no power since humanity got wiped out. I didn't want to waste the reserved power so I turned them off. Especially since I've released the captured animals into the wild. We don't want any of them being killed in an accident."

Puro's white mask quickly flushes and he looks away from the doctor.

I don't think he realizes it but I hear him mumble "You called Lin human again Puro! Stop embarrassing yourself."

I can't help myself and I whisper behind him "It's good to know you worry so much."

He jumps and turns around to face me with wide eyes. I laugh even more at Puro's antics. I notice Dr.K staring at the both of us intently so I quickly stop.

As we stand in front of the entrance gate to the facility Puro gives me a determined glare and I can practically hear him whisper "I'll get you back Lin."

What are you going to do? Hug me to death? I give him a victorious smirk rubbing it in further that Puro can't do anything while we're with Dr.K. His reaction is one of fluster and his tail twitches impatiently. Something tells me I might regret this. It was worth it!

My gaze fixes back in front of me. I study the entrance of the warehouse. The gate has a reinforced metal door. On the side of the arch next to it stands a card reader. Dr.K walks over to said card reader and fumbles through his coat pocket before pulling out a small key card. He brings it up to the scanner and a light flashes green confirming it was read correctly. A click noise can be heard from above and the gate slowly rises.

Dr.K orders "Follow me. I don't want to lose either of you."

I can't help but roll my eyes but I still follow anyway. Puro walks by my side as we enter a long corridor. The floor and walls are plain gray concrete. The concrete is cold against my paws. There are some scratches along its walls and even a few cracks. White circular lights are built into the ceiling. Some are dimmer than others. Further down the hallway, I spot signs drilled into the walls. There is a split of the corridor. With two hallways going separate ways. The one on the left reads "Survival and First-aid." The one on the right reads "Rations and Weaponry."

Just as I thought we steer right and walk through even more security doors quickly scanning as we go. Finally, we step through the last doorway, and to say the least…..Dr.K wasn't lying. There are shelves upon shelves of canned food. All with varying meats, vegetables, fruits you name it. It's a survivor's paradise.

Puro grabs one from the shelf and grins widely as he shows me the can. He exclaims "Lin! They even have oranges! Isn't that intuitive! I wonder how humans manage to do such a thing…."

He returns to looking through all the cans studying them intently. Trust Puro to think anything is interesting no matter how boring it is. I laugh at the thought and finally find somewhere to sit. My legs can finally rest! It feels good not having to carry all this fur around! How does Puro do this? He has twice the amount! Maybe even more! I mean…that's a plus for me. His fur is so soft…..and warm..…. Lin! Hello!? Stop thinking about that! You're gonna make yourself blush with your stupidity!