Lin's Pov: Preparations!

And…..there. The last drawing is finally hung. I take a step back and take in the work of Puro and me. Our former bland motel room has become a resort! Well not really…but I can't help but enjoy it. The walls are decorated with Puro's artwork. Their simplicity yet cuteness is something to be adored. I still don't even know how he does it. Near the corner of the room next to the closet is a pile of books that Puro has picked out to read. If we can find a bean bag then this will be perfect!  It's like our own little cove…just for the both of us. Where we can spend the rest of our days talking, relaxing and of course…cuddling.

Puro smiles excitedly as he walks around the room looking at every inch and cranny. He looks over his shoulder and grins "This is amazing Lin. We decorated together greatly. You don't understand how happy I am with this."

I roll my eyes and tease "Yup I seriously can't tell just how overjoyed you are." 

He pouts and asks "Was that sarcasm?"

"Nooo….it totally wasn't."

Puro smirks and stands in front of me. His white eyes narrow and he leans down to my eye level. He whispers  "Do I need to make it obvious how happy I am?"

My face reddens instantly and he laughs uncontrollably.  He wheezes and keels over with laughter, chest heaving. 

Puro manages to get out between breaths "I didn't mean to scare you, Lin! You're just way too gullible. It's too funny!" 

I cross my arms and mumble in a mock annoyed tone "Glad you found it funny."

His ears droop and he replies guiltily "I'm sorry Lin. Puro didn't mean any harm. I would never intend to do so."

"It's ok Puro I'm just messing with you. Besides, I could never stay mad at you. Your way too…"

Puro tilts his head and questions "Way too what?"

"Way too kind. Way too caring. Way too amazing! You want me to continue or are you going to stop asking questions?" 

Puro's mask flushes. 

"I'll stop asking questions."

"Good! Cause we need to figure out how we're doing this. You've been waiting to explore the human world for far too long. We need to come prepared."

My stomach grumbles suddenly interrupting us. Puro sheepishly suggests "Maybe we should explore on full stomachs."

I laugh and reply "Yeah we should. Here take this." 

Puro grabs the canned fruit from my paw and pops it open with his claws. He's about to dig in hungrily before he notices me staring.

"Uhm…yes Lin?"

"You might want to use a fork."

Puro's eyes widen with recognition and he holds his paw out for the plastic utensil embarrassed. He must've heard about tableware in some book in his old library.

I chuckle as Puro scraps out the canned peaches with his fork. He struggles a little but manages to take a bite. My stomach churns at the sight of food. Alright, I get it! Geez. 

I bring the fork up to my mouth and take a bite. The sweetness overwhelms my taste buds. For something so old I didn't expect it to be so flavorful. The syrup coating the fruit makes it soft. It goes down easily. Pretty good.

"Alright well……back to what I was saying we should bring some sort of supplies in case anything goes wrong. Food…maybe some tools if we find any? Did you see anything Puro that might help at all?"