Puro's Pov: Reconcile.

My heart soars.

This isn't happening! This isn't happening! This can't be real! I don't believe it! I'm going to wake up right back at the bean bag and realize it was all a sick fantasy!

My head is spinning. I'm trying to hold it in but at some point, my joy is going to overpower my self-control. Human loves me back! I don't want to ruin the moment we're having so I keep quiet and keep him close. His body is making mine feel so warm! I'm trying not to hold Lin too tightly though the way he's squeezing me I don't think he would mind.

I give up with holding back and I just say what I'm thinking "Lin I am so glad you feel the same way. Puro was terrified of what might have happened if you didn't. What if I made you uncomfortable? Or I offended you? Knowing how you feel now makes things much easier!"

The pleasant sound of Lin's laughter makes me grin.
He lets out a heavy breath and says exasperated "You didn't make things much easier! What were you thinking? I thought I was making it pretty obvious that I liked you!"

Sheepishly I reply "Puro wanted to make sure. I needed to know if it wasn't just me feeling that way. Looking back...I guess it was pretty obvious. To be honest...I was messing with you a little bit Lin."

"If I remember correctly you literally had to hide your face from me."

"Puro didn't expect you to say what you said!" I feel my face getting red. I've never seen this side of Lin….I like it. I guess we never really got to know each other really well. It's nice to see him not so worried anymore.

I feel him pull away from my chest so I loosen my grip on his fluffy body. My tail falls to the bed with a thump as he stands up. I feel a twinge of disappointment from the closeness ending so soon but I quickly push it down within me. There will be plenty of time to cuddle with the human Puro!

"I'm glad you're feeling better Lin," I say standing up from the bed. Taking note of the granola bar wrappers on the bed I crumple them up in my paw and throw them in the trash in the corner.

My gaze turns back to Lin as he points out "Well…I know no one has ever told you this but your hugs are amazing Puro. So that might have helped."

I can't help but smirk as I reply "Oh really?"

His white fuzzy cheeks turn a shade of pink. He mumbles "Yeah….."

"Well if you think so Lin...would you mind if Puro gave you a hug whenever he wanted to!?"

Before he can protest I sweep him up in my arms. His body is light so it doesn't take too much difficulty. My paws hold Lin tightly in a big hug! Warmth floods through my body as I smile warmly. The weight of my tail is swaying happily behind me. Curiously I pull away a little to see his reaction. Just like I thought, Lin's face is completely red. His blue eyes are wide-eyed. So cute….

I set Lin down gently and give him some space not wanting to overload him. Maybe I still went a little too far….After Lin recovers from my affection I suggest with a smirk "Well Lin...would you like to go to the lobby?"

He nods. I turn on my heels and exclaim "I'll beat you there!"

Without hesitation, I begin to run. My paws pound against the old carpet as my tail drags along with them. The laughter of Lin follows behind as I soon hear him following.

I turn my head over my shoulder and shout with a grin "Human may be fast but Puro is faster!"

His eyes sparkle with determination and he begins to catch up with me. Since when was he so fast? I laugh and speed up my pace. The lobby comes into view and I slow down before crashing into the bookshelves. Lin follows closely behind and lets out heavy breaths.

He kneels over and says with an exhausted chuckle "Puro! Geez...your fast!"

I smile proudly and reply "Of course I am Lin! Puro did plenty of exercises while he was alone. Those books teach you a lot! You were incredible as well Lin. I've never seen you go so fast!"

Lin looks up and asks "Really?"

I smile warmly and answer "Yes Lin….for a second I thought you were going to beat me!"

I can't control myself and I start laughing along with Lin. It feels good to see him so happy. Sooner or later the two of us finally manage to calm down and take a seat together on the leather couch. It creaks a little from the weight but it's from old age most likely.  There's an awkward silence. My mind slowly drifts into thought. Maybe we could go and explore? No...Lin didn't seem to like that idea. Reading would be boring. I would love to be close to him right now but I don't want to make him uncomfortable…

"Puro would you like to…" He sighs and looks away towards the entrance of the motel.

Lin mumbles awkwardly "I don't have a clue what we're supposed to do now."

"Puro doesn't know as well….sorry Lin."

Disappointed in myself I slowly bring my knees to my chest. I look over and see Lin studying me. Slowly I watch him move closer to me. His paw reaches up and rests on my shoulder. Don't blush Puro! Don't blush Puro! Trying to stay calm I make eye contact with Lin. He's smiling. If I didn't know any better I swear his blue eyes sparkled. I force myself to look away. Despite my desire not to, I feel my face go red.

He says carefully "Puro...you don't have to apologize. You do that way too often."

I mutter back "Puro does not wish to be a burden towards you. That's why….I apologize often."

Lin says softly staring into my eyes "You're not a burden at all Puro. In fact….you make everything worth it."

Before I know it I'm smiling.

"Lin! That was so sweet of you!" I gush down at the former human.

Without hesitation, I offer my arms out to Lin. I ask joyfully "Hug?"

He smiles and with no hesitation, he leans into the embrace. I wrap my arms around his torso and pull him into me.

I hear Lin's muffled voice as he says into my shoulder "Your body is so soft and warm Puro…."

I let out a chuckle and reply softly "Good….I love holding you in my arms, Lin. You're the only thing that's ever shown Puro such sweet kindness so I must cherish you. Plus….you make my heart warm!"

Further wanting to prove my affection for the human I pull back and look into his eyes. I build up the courage and I bring my paw to his cheek. His eyes widen and he blushes softly. Staring into his blue eyes caressing his face like this I can only think. Humans show love...through something called kissing right? It doesn't have to be anything long. Just something quick and sweet. No...I can't do that yet! My nervousness starts to overcome the former determination I had and I just stare awkwardly at Lin.

Thinking quickly I whisper lovingly "Puro thinks when you blush Lin...you look really cu-"

A loud creak interrupts me. My eyes dart to look at the source of the noise. A tall figure stands at the entrance of the motel. The sunlight floods through the doors casting a shadow on the figure. Human! I stand quickly in front of Lin putting my arms out in front of him. Trying to get as much info as I can I study the figure. It wears a large lab coat that doesn't fit it. The bottom manages to lay on the floor. A gas mask is worn on the head. The straps push the large white ears of the figure down causing them to protrude to the side. My eyes narrow as I realize who it is. The usual red piercing eyes I'm so used to being replaced by an exhausted look.

"Hello, boys." The doctor says trying to force a smile.

I can't tell whether I'm more upset because he just ruined me and Lin's moment or that I just don't like him. I like to believe it's a mix of both.