Lin's Pov: Catalyst.

Lin….?

Puro….

Lin.

Hmm?

Ah

I shoot up, throwing the sheets off of me. 

"Gah! Human!"

Puro jumps back sitting up next to me on the bed, his fur sticking up in surprise. My heart is pounding. A small pool of sweat has formed underneath me during my nap. His eyes are wide and full of worry.

"Lin…are you ok? Did Puro scare you awake?" 

I rub my eyes with the back of my paw and shake my head. I fall backward and flop my head back on the pillow with a sigh.

"Hey! Be more careful…you look like you've had a long nap. Hah...I'm a little tired myself. Walking takes a lot of energy! It's worth it to be back here again. I missed you."

I mumble something along the lines of "I missed you too" and bury my face back into the pillow.

My head feels like a mess…I'm too exhausted to even respond. I feel bad…

He plays with his paws awkwardly and I feel him stare at the back of my head. 

Puro asks shyly "Would…you like to cuddle for a while?"

That does sound nice…

I shift closer to him but he stops me.

"Don't worry…I have you. Just lay still."

Puro leans over me and grabs the sheets from me detangling my body from the aftermath of a restless nap. Puro crawls to the top of the bed and lays down in the blankets with me. My stomach fur sticks up against his paws as his arms gently nestle me against his middle. The softness of his fur brushes around me as I feel him rest his chin on the top of my head. He's spooning me from behind. My heart swells a little and I lay there enjoying the comfortable silence.

"I hope you're enjoying this Lin…I'm not letting go for a while!"

His voice is quiet but filled with giddiness.

I snort and whisper "I'm not complaining."

"Awww…I'm glad you enjoy my company, Lin. How did you nap?"

I think for a moment and answer gruffly "Not the best."

"That's not good…"

He shifts his body closer and I feel the warmth of his body press against my back.

"Well, we have a while until Dr.K is ready. He's making us dinner. Well, at least the best he can. Let's just stay in here until then, ok?" 

I don't argue and just let my body rest against Puros.

There are a few minutes of quiet. The only sound being the soft breathing of the other.  

He's so careful with me…I…I needed this. After that whole bathroom incident. I'm not…alone anymore. Should I tell him…? He'd understand…and I know he could help. But…Puro is so content right now. I can tell. I don't want to ruin this. 

My eyes fill with tears but I blink them away before they truly burn. 

Maybe I don't deserve this kindness…why can't I just be happy with what I have? 

Puro breaks the quiet and mumbles shyly "I'm not sure what to say…I'm just so comfortable. Being with you makes me feel all fuzzy Lin. It's just so sweet I can't…you said yes to a foolishly optimistic latex. Now I get to be with a true companion…."