Lin's Pov: Excitement!

These classrooms all look the same! Where is the interesting stuff! I step out of the third identical language arts classroom Puro and I have seen in the last hour. Puro follows closely behind grinning happily. The garbage bag we've brought is practically filled to the brim with textbooks and novels. This is Puro's paradise. 

He squeals from beside me "So many new things to learn Lin! I'm so excited! I can't wait to get back and study all of this!"

We turn the corner down another hallway as Puro continues "Just think of what else is out there! So many buildings with infinite potential! I'm living an adventure straight out of a book!"

His tail wags happily as he rambles about something he read. Wizards and wands? A magical school? It's endearing to see him so ecstatic over something he loves but I'm trying to focus on what I'm looking at right now!

"Puro. Relax. You're going to exhaust yourself with how much you're talking. I'm sure it was an amazing read but I think I found something."

My eyes stare up at the flag. They've been everywhere. They usually have a number on them correlating to the classroom but this one just reads "Gym." 

Puro stops next to me and looks at the flag too. He inquires out loud "A gym? That's new. Should we go in Lin?"

I answer with a slight frown "Sure why not? I'm sick of the same classrooms anyway. You would think with so many different students that would at least try and be unique." 

Puro adds his ears drooping "I agree…the schooling system is certainly not a fun one from what I've seen. I'm grateful I was able to teach myself."

We both turn to stand in front of the large double door. Between the bars of a window built into it, you can see the sprawling space that was meant for physical activity. It must've been a nightmare to keep track of all those kids. All of them running around and playing. Not a care in the world. A sigh escapes my lips. I miss my youth. When I didn't have to care about anything but what's the next game I'm going to play today! There's no point in thinking about it.

Puro pushes the door and holds it open for me. He smiles sheepishly and mumbles "After you."

The sight of Puro being polite makes me laugh a little, lightening the mood. As I pass by him I tease "Such a gentleman."

Puro laughs a little too and follows me into the gym as the door shuts behind us. We both look around in amazement. There are bleachers against each side of the wall. The space between them is massive. An entire basketball court somehow manages to fit with extra room. In the middle of the room, a giant logo is painted on the sparkling floor. It's an eagle holding a thumbs up. The ceiling is so tall, that countless basketball hoops are ready to be lowered down to play with. This is where athletes thrive. 

Puro and I both look back at each other. His face is nothing but pure awe. His warm smile is infectious and I find myself smiling back. 

He suddenly cups his paws around his maw and shouts out "HELLO!" 

I jump from the sudden loud noise and before I can ask what he is doing I hear it. His voice echoes back. It bounces off the walls and my canine ears twitch from hearing the quiet wisp of his echoed greeting. Puro looks back at me and sees my widened eyes.

He smirks and explains "I just wanted to see if I could make my voice echo! I didn't mean to scare you!"

"I'm not used to hearing you yell. You made me practically jump out of my skin! Well, uhm fur actually. You know what I meant!" My cheeks burn lightly from embarrassment.

Puro laughs and points out "You have to remember that Puro can be powerful when he wants to be! I'm a dark latex monster! Remember?"

I mumble "Well yeah but you're usually pretty soft-spoken with me…"

Puro looks away and replies shyly "Well that's because I don't want you to be afraid of me Lin. Not like how you were with those other dark latexes. I'm different! You know why?"

He puts his paws on my shoulders and gently spins me around to face him. Puro leans down to my eye level and smiles warmly. 

"Because I love you, care about you, worry about you, did I mention that I love you!"

Heat rushes to my face as he is mere inches from mine. My heartbeat quickens. I can't help but stare into his cloudy white pupils trying not to break eye contact. I could lean forward right now. Just kiss him right? No big deal. Haha right? His smile falters and he just stares into me. I can't read his expression. How many seconds has it been since we've just sat here looking at each other's eyes? Wait a minute, why is he still so close? Is he thinking the same thing? 

Puro seems to finally come back to reality and pulls away hurriedly. If I thought I was bad he's more of a flustered mess than I am. His mask has completely tinted a shade of gray and he keeps looking back at me and away. My heart begins to calm and I just stand there awkwardly trying to process what just happened. Silence lingers and the tension is becoming unbearable. 

Puro finally breaks it and quickly squeaks out "I'm sorry Lin I didn't mean to make things awkward I just wanted to show my affection and I just got lost in thought and your eyes just…."

"My…eyes just what?"

"They're beautiful Lin! Everything about you! It's just! Puro can't even describe how perfect you are!"

He breathes in deeply like he has been holding his breath the entire time. His declaration has completely taken me off guard. My heart flutters as I just stare into the side of his mask as he looks away seemingly not being able to handle my gaze. Don't look away from me.

My arms and legs feel as if they are moving on their own. Within two quick strides, I practically lunge at Puro. My arms wrap around the back of his neck and I pull him down to meet me. Time feels as if it slows. His eyes are completely widened. My lips part. I lean in and…….quickly move my lips to his forehead. Puro goes completely still in my arms as he bends over from me pulling him down. Only in a few moments do I feel his giant fluffy tail practically thrashing in joy. Before I know it Puro wraps his arms around me and squeezes me as tightly as possible. I have no idea how long he holds me. His warmth blends in with mine. Like we were always meant for each other.  The entire time I think. I could've done it. Right then and there. I backed out. That was my chance. My body is shaking from the adrenaline of it all. Puro loosens his grip and backs away grinning ear to ear. I just stand there. Not knowing how to feel. 

I blurt out without thinking  "I…love you so much."

"I love you too Lin. I can't believe you did that. That was so…I feel fuzzy everywhere. That was so cute. You…kissed my forehead. You kissed my forehead! The human kissed my forehead!"

He laughs hysterically and offers his paws out to me. I take them and he squeezes them tightly. Puro's paws are practically shaking with joy. He's so happy... I made him so happy. With just a forehead kiss…what would've been his reaction to an actual one? I can't believe I did that! I did it!

We both begin to laugh together. I don't think either one of us expected this. Puro begins to drag me around the gym in a hug. His soft fluffy body presses against mine tightly as we both stumble around in each other's arms without a single care in the world. The only thing I can hear is the sweet sound of his laughter. Nothing can stop us. Nothing can bring us apart. As long as I have Puro I'm happy. I can't even process the joy he gives to me. 

 The two of us finally manage to calm down and Puro giggles "Puro loves you, Lin!"

"I love you too!"

We pull apart from each other and just look around the gym. I don't think either one of us is actually looking at anything. I'm just trying to process what just happened. Puro is so…I can't get enough of him. He makes me feel indescribable. Whenever I'm near him it's like a flood of happiness.  He can be as explosive as a firework or as gentle as a blanket. I'm so glad I got to know him. I'm so glad that I can happily say that I love him. I do. The best part is that he loves me back. More than anything. I look forward to every single moment of this relationship with Puro.