Lin's Pov: Interruption.

My eyes widen at the sight of him. Before I know it Puro is standing in front of me facing Dr.K. How did he even find us? Of course, he found us right at this moment!

"Why are you here?" Puro's voice is laced with suspicion. I've never seen him so...mad. Or at least I think he is. It's hard to tell.

I turn my attention back to Dr.K as he sighs and explains "I wanted to check up on you two. If you or the former human died all of your efforts would have been wasted wouldn't it not?"

Geez....that was morbid. Is he worried or is he just making sure his time didn't go to waste?

Puro replies curtly "Puro can take care of us. The human has a name you know."

He turns back to me and I see his gaze soften. Reluctant, I take a step forward next to Puro.

"My name is Lin." I don't like how weak my voice sounds.

Dr.K smiles and notes "Well Lin I'm glad you managed to remember it. All of the files on the test subjects were lost during the riot. I never got to find out your name."

Being reminded of the events of the tower sours my mood even further. I try not to say anything sarcastic or passive-aggressive. Besides...when did that ever solve anything?

Dr.K reaches his paw out to me to shake it. He stares down at me expectedly. I feel even smaller than before. Nervously I glance at Puro and see him staring daggers into Dr.K. His paws are clenched into fists. I make eye contact with Puro and give him a reassuring smile. It isn't genuine but I need this tension to die down before Puro and Dr.K go at each other's throats!

Trying to get it over with, I shake Dr.K's paw. It feels a lot rougher than Puro's yet it has much more grip. Not so gentle or soft.

After a bit of awkward shaking Puro asks from beside me "How did you find us? We must have traveled miles away from the lab."

"Well, you see the bio host I had given you had a tracker. It would be a waste of resources to not keep in contact. Besides..." Dr.K looks away and sighs. I meet his gaze and I take a deep look at him. His eyes look almost pleading. There are very obvious eye bags under them. I couldn't imagine being alone for 5 years. From what I read in his diary....he lost everyone. His actions were quite rash but...they were done with reason. He deserves a chance.

Before Dr.K can speak I muster up my confidence and offer "You look like you haven't slept in weeks. Maybe....you could stay with us for a day?"

From his expression, he wasn't expecting that. Dr.K's eyes dart back to mine and he studies my face. I try to give the most sincere look I can without looking too forced.

Dr.K asks softly "Really?"

"Yeah...it shouldn't be a problem right?"

I turn to Puro and to say the least it might be a problem. Ok, now he is definitely mad.

"Excuse us, Doctor, I need to talk to Lin privately for a moment."

Puro grabs my paw and doesn't look at me. He just drags me down the halls into the bedroom and then closes the door. Honestly, I deserve what's coming next.

Puro stands in front of me and confusingly he doesn't even look angry anymore. His ears are drooping and his eyes look nervous. He asks quietly "Lin? Are you sure about this?"

I gulp down the lump in my throat and reply "I'm sure Puro. I trust Dr.K not to do anything."

His eyes widen and he blurts out quickly "How can we trust him, Lin? He almost killed me! He took you away from me! I thought....I thought I lost you."

Puro's voice weakens at the end of the sentence. I can't stand seeing him like this. Without a second thought, I grab his paw gently and look right into his cloudy white eyes.

"I'm still here Puro. Without Dr.K's help....I could've ended up dead with you. We had no idea if I had the virus or not. Now that I have the K sample we get to be together. Without worrying about losing either of us."

He goes quiet and looks down at his feet. Puro looks back up into my eyes and I can see how anxious he is. He says softly "Your right Lin. I still don't trust him but....it wouldn't be fair to not help him. You gave Puro a chance right? That means we must give Dr.K one."

I nod. I'm glad he wasn't upset with me. I still feel guilty so I apologize. "I'm sorry, Puro. I didn't even consider how you felt. I wouldn't blame you if you were mad at me."

He smiles softly and shakes his head. I feel his warm paw grip tighter on mine. Before I know it I'm pulled into a hug. My body is engulfed in Puro's fluffy warmth.

I feel his breath against my head as he embraces me softly. He whispers tenderly "I could never be mad at you. You didn't mean it. Most people wouldn't even have given Dr.K a second chance....myself included. You're very trusting Lin. How you acted towards me in the lab...was an example of that. Puro will always worry for you. Your....the only thing that's ever shown me kindness."

My chest feels like it's practically going to explode. I bury my face into his chest and let Puro hold me. I've never felt so calm. So safe.

I respond softly "How couldn't I trust you, Puro? You helped me throughout everything. Even though you had waited so long for a host...you didn't give in. Honestly....if I was to be transfurred back then....I would rather it be you than any other latex."

"No Lin! I don't want.....I just want you."

Puro's grip tightens against my back.

"Puro won't ever...ever let anything happen to you ok?"

He pulls back and caresses my face with his large soft paws. The warmth of them warms my cheeks. Puro stares down at me quietly. His eyes. They hold so much emotion for something so simple. Nervousness, compassion, and what unmistakenly is....love. They are drawing me in. I look up...and move my face in. My lips part.

I want you too Puro. More than anything.

Wait. My face turns red and I quickly hide my obvious blush pushing my face back into his soft fur. What am I thinking? Was I really about to kiss him? No, it's way too early in a relationship. Why does that even matter! Society is gone! There is no status quo to follow! Me and Puro have gone through everything! Wouldn't that be ok then...? But what if...he doesn't want it back? What if he's too nervous or worried! It's so difficult to tell what he's thinking!

I back away from Puro and turn my head away from him. I notice a weird feeling is happening at the bottom of my spine. What the? IS MY TAIL WAGGING?! Panicking, I push my legs together. Unfortunately, my tail did not move out of the way. I stifle a yelp as the pain shoots through my body. Puro looks on obviously worried.

He asks obliviously "Uhmm Lin? Are you ok?"

"Y-Yeah I'm fine! Don't worry about me!" Sweat is practically trickling down my forehead at this point.

Puro keeps pushing, not so convinced "Are you sure Lin? Puro can help."

I nod my legs feeling wobbly all of the sudden. Gee, I wonder why!

He finally believes me and mumbles "If you say so."

Then mid sentence his ears perk up and he grins and looks directly down at me. His giant fluffy tail twitches. Somehow I manage to get even redder. Puro takes one step forward making sure to show him bringing his arms out from his sides. Then with one quick lunge, he picks me up in a big hug. This time Puro shows no mercy and squeezes affectionately. He whispers in my ear "I love you."

I croak not trying to burst a lung "I love you too Puro! Can you let me go now?"

"Oh! Sorry, Lin! Yes, I can."

With that, I'm let out of my tight (but appreciated!) prison. My head is swimming with countless thoughts about the future with Puro and what Dr.K will be like for one day. Oh yeah. Dr.K doesn't know about me and Puro! Do we really have to hide it in front of him? You know...maybe Puro was right.