Excerpt from Unnamed Sequel

The sequel to The Alpha's True Love. Continue the journey by following Amanda and Dominic as they eventually wind up in each other's arms as they follow their own paths in life.

Amanda and Dominic first met at the home of mutual friends. While their attraction for each other is obvious, they part ways before the spark between them can grow. Amanda leaves town in search of a new life and to figure out who she wants to be. Following Dominic's advice, she heads for a town in Montana. Unbeknownst to her is the world of werewolves and mates that awaits her. Furthermore, she is in for the shock of a lifetime when she discovers that the person she thought she'd never see again is in fact a longtime resident of the sleepy town she rolls into.

As for Dominic, he patiently bides his time until he is able to win over his mate and reveal to her the world in which he is known as the Alpha.

Chapter One: It's Time to Go

I lay on the bed, staring up at my ceiling. Well, not my ceiling. This was the Walker's guest room and their house. They'd been kind enough to let me stay until I figured my life out and healed from my injuries. The stitches on my arms were gone now and the cuts were now red scars. It would take a while for those to fade down. A medium sized bruise still lingered on my forehead and the injury on my shoulder was taking its sweet time in recovering. It still amazed me that my body was taking so long to get back to normal. My wrist was still weak from when I broke it all those months ago and bruises stayed around forever. The injury on my shoulder- the one that my boyfriend had caused- occurred before he ended up putting me in the hospital. But that's a story for another day. All I'll say for now is that I can still feel the sting of the glass shard as he pushed it deep into my skin. Brookes, my bastard boyfriend, had brought home flowers the next day to apologize. It was a sweet gesture. And apparently enough to make me forgive him for the time being. As you've probably already figured out, my standards are pretty low.

Rolling over on to my side, I rested my head on my arm. Megan, my therapist, has told me multiple times that I cannot go back to Brookes. I know she's right, deep down, but it's hard. She doesn't understand what that decision means for me. If I don't go back to Brookes, I have nothing. I don't have family I can go to live with, I never had a job as long as I was with Brookes. He said it was better that I stay home and cook and clean. And at the time that decision was made, I was happy to do it. We were high school sweethearts, together since tenth grade. When we graduated and started living together, I was thrilled that I could stay home and had the time to do whatever I wanted. There were times though that I considered getting a part time job or volunteering somewhere so I could feel like I was being useful. But Brookes told me no everytime. He always said, "My queen won't work a day in her life as long as I'm around." That bit always drew me in. He wanted to provide for me. Give me the life I deserved. Brookes did more for me than my father or mother ever did. In fact, he became my family the day he asked me to be his girlfriend under the bleachers.

A voice coming from downstairs announced that dinner was ready. I sighed, getting up from the bed and padding to the door. A glimpse of myself in the mirror only made me sigh again. I looked as melancholy and drab as I felt. I'd worn nothing but sweatpants and hoodies since I arrived at Grimfur Hall. My hair was a scraggly mess. It was clear that I needed to wash it soon. There were deep circles under my eyes as well. I wasn't sleeping, even though my bed was a delicious cloud to lay on. But every time I closed my eyes, my thoughts and dreams returned to the one man I so desperately needed to stop thinking about. Brookes. I couldn't escape him. I replayed every interaction I ever had with him over and over in my mind. Last night I woke up panting from a wet dream about him and I. I longed for those moments between us. I missed him in so many ways.