Just Friends?

I know you like this girl but uhhh....-

"Not again! Ughh"

Thoma crumbles his 6th paper he wrote while watching tv. It was Saturday so he really didn't have anything to look forward to. That's when he got the idea to make diluc a gift. He made him a bow that he could put it in his hair and thought it would look good on him with a rose inside the envelope. That's when he gets a call from someone. Thoma accepts the call

"Hello?"

"Ohhh, thoma, can you come over to my house? Like right now?"

Thoma smiles a bit and gathers his gifts.

"Sure! I'll be there!"

"Oh never m-"

Thoma hangs up as he puts his hoodie and shoes on while walking out the door.

2:05 PM

Thoma was just at dilucs door knocking.
Diluc didn't answer and he saw the door was unlocked, how strange? Nobody was downstairs, so he went upstairs and walked over to dilucs room.

"I'm really glad you're helping me with these studies, you're really a good person. And I uh... have to tell you something, Michelle."

"What is it you wanted to tell me diluc?"

"We've known eachother since the first day of school and I uh... I wanted to let you know"

"Let me know...?"

"I like you, can you please be my girlfriend?"

Michelle sits there shocked and nods her head while diluc comes in and hugs Michelle.

Thoma could not believe what he just heard. His eyes started forming tears and vision got blurry trying to process if he was in reality. His hands were shaking a little.

"Oh and by the way, my friend is gonna be here any second, wanna meet him?"

"Sure!" Michelle smiled

Thoma started freaking out. He placed the gifts by the door entrance with his named signed on it, and running out the door and on his way to his house.

"Why?" Thoma started sniffing and his heart clenched as he opened the door to his home. It was winter, usually diluc comes to Thomas house and do some activities they usually do every year, but no. Since diluc has a girlfriend, thoma is pretty sure diluc is going to be busy with her all the time and forget about his existence.

4:15 PM

Thoma ignored dilucs calls, he tried to forget about what he heard and it just kept going back to him. He couldn't blame himself, he never told diluc his feelings and should've told him sooner. That's when he decided to answer dilucs call.

"Hello? Lol I thought you died on me for a second, my girlfriend just left and she wanted to see you"

"Girlfriend?" Diluc could hear a crack in thoma's voice

" oh yeah I confessed to her today, she said yesss"

"I'm really happy to you diluc"

"Are you tired? Sorry I called at the wrong time" Diluc said as he was interrupted by thoma

"No, no, no, it's fine. I'm glad y'all are together"

"Hey thoma"

"Yes...?"

"Just wanted to let you know, you are the best friend anybody could ever have. I knew I would count on you"

Thoma froze at the word when he said 'friends'.

"I'll be on your side forever, diluc"

"Thanks, now I gotta go, see ya"

"See you.."

Diluc hung up first and thoma dropped his phone.

"Friends, ofc he sees me as a friend. I won't be anything more"

Thoma starts having a temper and throwing stuff around his room like he did something wrong. He almost smashed the vase Diluc gave him when they were in 5th grade. He couldn't handle his sense of control and put his hand on his arm and brought I down.

"I'm nothing, I'm nothing but a friend to you. I wish I was more, we've been so close, why?"

Thoma sat on his bed and slowly started crying.