[Oneshot] Solace to the Remorseful

Instead of pursuing revenge or Plumpkin's orders, Sven became a warden of his own accord. As a weird way of coping with betrayal, he imprisons convicts (because he views them as similar to Mythro) as a way to feel in control.
___________________________

A nearby lord called upon Sven. It was an inspector job, to oversee the security of their prison. Normally, he'd reject the invitation. But the lord in question was rather influential.

He'd rather not have such a powerful ruler gain distaste towards him.

...

On his way to the lord's domain, he came across a cabin. He looked at his coordinates, he was no where near civilization.

Of course, curiosity struck the panda man, and he decided to invite himself in. It wasn't like the lord had requested him to be there at a certain time.

When Sven entered, he saw a child curled up in a corner. There was a mask on the floor, and he was crying. He had his head down and didn't seem to notice Sven. The mask was familiar to Sven.

He stood a few paces away from the exit, and what he deemed was far enough from the child.

Staying silent for a while, Sven heard the child whispering to himself. "I didn't me-" it was interrupted by a hiccup. "-didn't mean to do that." over and over again. From the words he could make out, the child's voice was familiar.

Then it hit him, this was Mythro. The one who left him at the Gladiator's pit. The one who killed Chase. The one who Sven labeled as a bad person. The one and only Mythro.

"Stopstopstop-"

Sven's attention shifted back to Mythro. He was pulling on his hair, pure panic in his eyes.

Maybe it's the fact that he's a child, fueled by the tears streaming down his face, and the frantic sounds he made that Sven opens his mouth to speak.

And maybe it's the fact that Mythro murdered Chase that he closed it promptly.

Sven, by no means, thought of himself as a good person. He killed a hundred people. But he wanted to throw away the past. The Sven who killed a hundred people in the name of revenge was no more.

But why did he have the urge to smile? Why did he feel comfort in seeing Mythro's torment? It was wrong to be happy, but he was.

He took a deep breath and swallowed his misgivings. "..Mythro?"

Mythro's body visibly tensed at his voice, he recognized it. Even after all this time, he recognized it.

He pulled out a sword and pointed it at Sven's direction. "Wha-.. why are-how did-"

Mythro's hand shook too much that it didn't intimidate Sven in the slightest. His chest heaved to the point it was obvious he found it difficult to breathe. The way his eyes moved rapidly made it obvious he was too panicked to properly focus.

Even so, Sven raised his hands to indirectly say he means no harm. It did little to soothe Mythro as he didn't lower his sword. Panic was evident in his demeanor, so Sven lowered his arms.

He pulled out his sword, and Mythro tensed even further. Only for it to be replaced with confusion when Sven slid his sword away from the both of them.

Sven held a burning hatred towards Mythro, but he'd hate himself more if he let revenge mold him.

"I.." -'m not here to hurt you,' he almost said. Only to realize there's no use trying to say something Mythro won't believe.

"It's cold here, isn't it?" Sven used to panic to himself when he thought about things that hurt him. It helped him when he thought about other things, like responding to conversations.

Mythro stayed silent, still gripping onto his sword. This was when Sven realized Mythro's palms were covered with blood.

Sven grimaced, that must hurt. Though he opted out of mentioning it. "Are you cold?"

Mythro tightened his hold on his sword, eyes fixed on Sven and his mask.

Realizing he wouldn't respond, Sven started telling small stories about himself, before and after the Gladiator's Pit. He made an effort to not mention Chase, prisons, or guards. Made difficult by the fact his entire life revolves around that. And made easier by the fact he could just make shit up.

Throughout the entire thing, he didn't look at Mythro, at least not directly. And when he did glance, Mythro's mask was already on. At one point, he lowered his sword, though he still clutched it.

When Sven's voice became hoarse, he looked at Mythro. He noticed that Mythro's breathing slowed, he was no longer holding onto his sword like a lifeline. But he didn't move, and so did Sven. They both stayed silent.

.

"When you found Mythro, he let slip to you that he killed Chase on purpose." Mythro spoke after a while. His voice was no longer shaking.

Before Sven could interject, Mythro continued. "You saw red, and the two of you fought."

He walks towards the exit. Sven made no obvious effort to stop him. "In that fight, you won. And when Mythro respawned, he got away."

"That's what happened here, nothing else."

With his back turned, he mumbled, "I'm sorry." He aimed for the horizon before throwing an enderpearl.

Mythro couldn't bring himself to say sorry while facing Sven. It was.. difficult.