[Oneshot] Hanahaki Disease

Don't read the title, there's definitely n̶o̶ angst here, or unrequited love, or depictions of suffocation. This is just Mythro looking for Shiratori in a royalty setting :D
___________________________

Mythro looked just about everywhere in the castle. The only place he hasn't is the library. He planned to check that place last as Sven and [...] were there. He didn't really want to interrupt them, or make the flowers form.

And of course Shiratori was there, because why wouldn't he? And apparently, Sven and [...] still haven't finished talking.

Thinking about just how long they spent together, Mythro can feel it form in his chest. Be it jealousy, or those goddamn flowers.

He called for Shiratori, the bird quickly perching on his shoulder. He needed to go, he wouldn't want them to see the stupid flowers.

...

Telling Shiratori to wait outside, he slammed his door shut before his body felt too heavy to carry.

He started coughing, the familiar taste of blood filling his mouth. But even amongst the blood, the smell of flowers was enough to be notable.

The flowers started a while ago. As far as he knows, there's two ways to make it stop. Either the victim's feelings are reciprocated, or the flowers are removed. The latter of which would mean he could no longer feel anything towards Sven.

He doesn't want Sven to go through that. Stupid as it sounds, he'd rather die. He laid limp onto the floor, laughing a bit. Even in love his loyalty shows.

His small laugh caused him to start another coughing fit. More blood and flowers start to pour from his mouth.

If he had to pick a favorite among them, it'd be the white rose—well, red now. Partly because it was the only one he recognized amongst the blood-soaked flowers. And he was a sucker for symbolism, I guess.

The white rose to symbolize his loyalty, and the blood-soaked rose to symbolize his loyalty turned love. And that even though it was blood red, it was still a white rose.

Quite morbid, isn't it? To pick a favorite amongst the things slowly killing you.

Mythro wants to live, but he doesn't want Sven to reciprocate out of pity. It was obvious, from the way that Sven looked at [...], he was smitten. And Mythro didn't want to ruin that

___________________________
ooc? unrecognizable? fast paced? short? cringe? well that's cause I made this in an hour, thinking 'I wanna write flower vomit today and hit publish regardless of how shįt it is'
anyway

Happy Valentine's Day, my dear reader <33