[Oneshot] Wait, really?

Sven is smart, Mythro is smart. They just have moments.
___________________________

Sven had been curious to how long he and Mythro were working on schoolwork, but he didn't have his phone on the table so he just grabbed Mythro's.

When he turned it on, the text '20 : 34' was displayed. That's.. that's not how clocks work. The numbers on Mythro's phone displayed a time that was literally impossible.

Sven elbowed Mythro, hoping for an answer. "Mythro, why does it say this?"

Mythro glances up at him, squinting at the phone shoved in his face. "What do you mean?"

Sven moves his hand to look at the screen, making sure he didn't just hallucinate it. Checking it again, it still showed '20 : 34'. "Why does your phone say this?" He pointed at the time.

"Uh..." Mythro looked confused, "cause it's the time..?"

"But it's not..?" Sven stands up, he was gonna retrieve his own phone to compare.

After finding it, he shows it to Mythro's face. "Look! It's 8 : 37!"

Mythro stares at him, holding in a laugh.

"What?" Seeing his scrunched up face, Sven became confused. "What's wrong?"

Hearing the confusion in his voice, Mythro bursts out laughing.

"Sve-" Mythro chokes on his laughter. "Sven that's- that means the same thing."

That's impossible. "Twenty is twelve more than eight..?" Sven uttered, voice filled with uncertainty.

This made Mythro laugh even harder. At this point, he falls out of his chair and onto the floor.

Sven was quick to offer a hand for Mythro, then pulls it back, realizing that Mythro was too busy laughing.

"It's- " Mythro takes deep breaths, in an attempt to stop laughing. Made harder by the fact that genuine confusion was on Sven's face. "It's military time-"

Military time? Since when is there more than one time..?

"Sven please-I.. I can't breathe-you're such a moron!"

Sven offers another hand, this time Mythro grabs it. "This is bullying. You're bullying me."

Mythro sits back down onto a bean bag. "Yep, I definitely am. And you deserve every second of it."

"I don't even know what I did wrong!"

Mythro sits up and looks up at him. "Sven, military time operates on a 24-hour clock. Instead of going from 12 : 00 pm to 1 : 00 am and 12 : 00 am to 1 : 00 pm, midnight is shown as 00 : 00 and it goes all the way to 23 : 59."

Sven pauses, taking in information. "...Well that's stupid."

Mythro stops himself from bursting into laughter. "Why is it stupid?"

"They're just making it more complicated for everyone! Why not just stick with the original time?"

Mythro simply shrugs. "Well, it makes it so you don't have to specify am or pm. Plus, it looks and sounds way cooler."

"It really doesn't." Sven whispered to himself, but Mythro heard it clear.

He stifles a laugh and grins. "I think you're just embarrassed that you didn't know what it was."

Sven smacks him on the back of the head. "Let's just continue with work."

!...!

A few days ago, Mythro was invited to a gala. More like his parents told him to come with-but let's not sweat the details. Nothing happened that was worth noting.

Well, except for one thing. Did you know that there are specific times to eat during a gala? Let me elaborate, appetizers, main course, and dessert, it happens in that order.

If you finish, let's say, the main course early, you'd have to wait until the dessert is served to continue eating. You couldn't just stand up and get dessert at your own pace!

Anyway, there was something even weirder. Right before dessert, they were given small bowls of water.. with sliced lemon in them. Or maybe yellow lime, he couldn't tell.

He thought it was weird at the time, but he forgot about it the next day.

And right now, a few days later, he's with Sven and he suddenly remembers. The reason he remembered is because Sven gave Mythro an orange, asking him to peel it. And then he thought, would it annoy him if I cut it like a lemon?

Then the topic of lemons made him think of that night-you know the drill.

While thinking, he unintentionally mumbled an incomplete thought. "-people have lemons at galas?"

"Huh?" Sven furrowed his brows, lemons at galas..?

Mythro's eyes widen for a moment, he'd forgotten he was still sat next to Sven. "Oh sorry, I was just thinking. Out loud, accidentally."

"What were you thinking about..?"

Staring at the orange on his hand, Mythro decides to ask Sven instead of googling. "Remember when I went to that gala last Sunday?"

"Yeah, I do."

Mythro starts peeling the orange on his hand. "Well, I was given a lemon bowl after eating. And was wondering why."

Sven covered his mouth, it was evident that he was smiling. "Mythro, that was a finger bowl."

Mythro stops what he was doing. He stares at Sven,
"It wasn't meant for eating..?"

___________________________
This wasn't from personal experience, I swear-