[Oneshot] Slightly Open

they were roommates (oh my god they were roommates)
___________________________

Sven stood up from his desk and flopped down onto his bed. Zero missing assignments, but at what cost?

He took a deep breath, he missed his bed greatly.

Then he heard his door creak and turned to see who would ruin his Saturday morning.

It was Mythro.

"Good morning Mr. Seen, the guy who still manages to have assignments due, despite staying up for literal weeks on end, how are you?"

Turning his head, Sven glared at him—well, more like squint but an attempt was made. "Shut up. You're just weirdly punchabl—punctual, you know what? Yeah, you're punchable too."

Mythro laughed at his friend. "Sure, how much sugar do you want?"

"Two," Sven replied as he buried his head into his pillow. "—spoons, two spoons."

He hears Mythro mutter something before closing his door.

Sven looks at the door and sees that it's slightly open.

He sighs, it was too early to care. Besides, Mythro was gonna bring him coffee anyway. And because this happened every time Mythro left his room.

Sven's starting to think it's on purpose...

...

Sven started heating water in a kettle, taking a mug and coffee packet from the cabinet above. He doesn't know why, but he's just been so tired this past few weeks. Especially this week.

And sure, he did pull an all-nighter for three consecutive days, including last night. But he'd gone for longer amounts of time before!

And he didn't drink much coffee today. And he didn't have breakfast, only lunch. And he was stressing over five group assignments—Okay, maybe he did know why.

He stopped rambling when he heard the kettle ding. He started to pour it into his mug, mixing in a few spoons of coffee powder promptly.

Sure, it was probably bad to have coffee at 11 pm. But he also had a group assignment due in two days. It was a paired assignment with Mythro. Sven still hasn't done his half. He really doesn't know how Mythro already finished. It was just assigned this morning.

Once the coffee was thoroughly mixed, he added sugar. He took a sip from his cup, satisfied with the taste.

He entered his room and cleared his desk before placing the mug down. He took out his notebook and started looking through his to-do list of assignments.

Sighing, he opened his laptop and started to type.

.

He doesn't realize when, but he zoned out while typing. Turning his laptop back on, he's pleased to see that he finished it. He just had to proofread it later.

Standing up to stretch, he felt something slip from his shoulders. He looked down instantly—it was a blanket.

He picked it up and glanced at his door. It was open ever so slightly.