[Oneshot] Would you sell your soul for it?

Mythro is a demon trying to get Sven to sell his soul. They've known each other for a month
___________________________

"You can't keep your soul forever! You'll lose it at some point, so you might as well give it to me!"

Sven, who is used to this, rolls his eyes and doesn't bother to look in the others direction. Only continues in what he was doing.

"Yes, I can't keep my soul forever." He pauses, moving around spices, condiments and sweeteners. He was looking for something.

"Yes, I will lose it at some point." The demon's eyes gleamed, clearly appeased by the pattern he was hearing.

Sven looked at him straight in the eyes and deadpanned. "And no, I won't give it to you."

Mythro huffed, clearly annoyed before looking at Sven and the cupboard in mild interest. "What are you doing?"

"Making coffee," Sven replies while searching through the cupboards.

Mythro sits on the kitchen island, Sven's mug within arm's reach. Sven elaborates, "I'm just looking for sugar."

After moving a few containers, Sven groans. "Why is every sweetener except sugar here?"

"Is sugar important to this—" Mythro gestures at the cup beside him, "—coffee of yours?"

"You've been here for a month, and you still don't know what coff—wait, not even sugar?"

"Nope," he shrugged, popping the 'p' at the end.

Sven sighs, "Well, to some people—"

Mythro cuts him off, he realized something. "Would you sell your soul for it?"

"No, not really."

"Then I'm not interested anymore," Mythro hops off the kitchen island and starts walking away.

Sven lets out a short laugh. "Are you interested in anything besides me selling my soul?"

"Well," Mythro contemplates for a bit. "I'm interested when you sell your soul.. to me."

"Okay, Mr. I'll-read-into-everything-you'll-say. Are you interested in anything that doesn't involve selling souls?"

Mythro closes his eyes. "Aside from ste—selling souls? The deals, I guess."

"How nice," Sven takes a coffee packet from a nearby jar. With or without sugar, he's still gonna have coffee. "You steal souls, huh? Why don't you just steal mine if you want it so badly?"

Mythro places a hand on his chest, grinning. "I take pride in the fact 100% of my clients are very willing."

"Mhm, I definitely believe that." Sven comments as he pours water into an electric kettle.

"It's true!" Mythro argues, "Everything that's made a deal with me has given me their souls on their own accord!"

Sven, spotting the obvious technicality, raises a brow. "And what about the ones who don't make a deal with you?"

"Well, they aren't clients, are they?"

Sven hummed. "Am I next on your 'not-client' list?"

Before Mythro could reply, Sven asks. "Why do you want souls anyway?"

He shrugs, ignoring the previous question. "I don't really care about the soul itself, it's mostly for sport. I'm more interested in the deal I make with mortals."

Sven listens quietly, prompting him to continue as he turn off the kettle and started pouring it into his mug.

"We have this rule where, basically, us demons can't interact with the mortal world unless a mortal bargains us to. So I decided, 'hey, I'll just make deals with humans and then I can do whatever I want without repercussions'."

"Pricing was too difficult, so I just decided to go with souls since humans seem to value them—and it's not like they can give anything else of value. Then they get to decide what their own soul is worth."

"Humans value them, so they ask for a lot. And when humans ask for a lot, I can do whatever I want. Not that I do much, this place is just a bit more interesting than hell."

Sven cocked his head. "So it's anything they ask for? You don't put a limit?"

"Well, besides everything that goes against regulations, yeah, no limits."

Sven places a hand under his chin. Mythro leered at him, smiling wide. "You interested?"

"No," Sven waved his hand dismissively. Ripping open a coffee packet, he mixes it into the hot water. "I'd be desperate if I sold my soul to you of all people."

As Sven takes sip of coffee, he realizes creamer exists. Mythro groans, why is this human so difficult?

___________________________

Plz comment and vote
Your author needs gratification because it motivates them
And I might post an entire book next month if u do