[Oneshot] Mission Failed

Sven, Chase and Mythro are friends. Chase is a bad liar
___________________________

Sven bought a pint of ice cream yesterday. Today, an empty container was left in the freezer.

He's not mad that someone ate the ice cream. He's mad that someone ate it, and then put the empty container back in.

He felt a hand on his shoulder, when he turned to look, it was Chase. Sven's face must have looked either annoyed or pissed, because Chase almost looked scared.

"Chase, be honest with me." Sven took a deep breath, and Chase gulped.

"Did you eat the ice cream and put the empty container back in?"

Chase looked nervous, but he signed 'no'. Sven could tell he wasn't lying, but he definitely knew something. "Do you know who did?"

'No'

It was really easy to tell whenever Chase was probably lying. One time in their childhood, Sven made the claim that Chase' nose became longer whenever he lied. So Chase gained a habit of looking away when lying, he was trying hide his nose.

And you know? Old habits die hard because Chase was still a bad liar. He was looking away, and he knew who put the empty container back.

Sven sighs, "it was Mythro, wasn't it?" It had to be Mythro, no one else lived here.

Chase' eyes widen, 'how did you know'

Resisting the urge of saying 'I didn't, you just told me', Sven asked. "Who else would it be?"

'It could be Shiratori' Chase shrugged, 'or a ghost'

"Cockatiels can't eat that much ice cream. And why would a ghost eat ice cream? They'd probably eat pizza or something. And you literally just told me it was Mythro."

His head snapped back to Sven. 'Wait, I did?'

It was then that Mythro makes his presence known by setting down a plastic bag on the counter. He sighs, "You were supposed to cover for me."

Chase pouted. 'You—that's so unfair. You knew I couldn't do it' with a 'why did you take so long?' look right after.

Mythro grinned, "Yeah, I knew you couldn't."

'The plan failed because Sven checks the fridge too often'

"I don't even—" Sven sighs, "what were you guys trying to do?"

"Replace the ice cream before you looked inside the empty one." Mythro responded, shrugging slightly.

"So that's why was there an empty container? To make me think it's still there?"

'I didn't even know Mythro put it back'

"I ate it this morning, and to replace it this afternoon."

Sven furrowed his brows, "why didn't you just.. eat the one you were gonna buy?"

Mythro shrugged, "I wasn't planning on replacing it. Chase told me to."

"SO YOU LEFT THE CONTAINER IN THERE FOR NO REASON??"