Divine Intervention

||Agrona Vritra||

"As you wish, my lord." Kiros bowed and left me alone in my chambers.

It was regal, to say the least. But quite spacious for it harbors countless books that were organized on shelves, as well as my equipment necessary for my research.

But I didn't come here to scrutinize nor to ruminate even at this time of the day.

I simply had the pieces, all I needed to do was puzzle them together.

I stood in the middle of my room which was empty, with only the floor to accompany me and the moon above to illuminate my room.

"The mysterious force that guides all of life, made by the block of existence and progenitor of life. I call unto you to hear my intention. I summon forth the powers of Fate if I am to tamper with the threads of the unknown." I invoked quite a long incantation as I sat on the floor crisscrossing my legs.

Slowly but surely aether was being awakened, I could feel it bring awakened.

Quickly drawing blood from my arm I painted my floor with runes that were said to manifest the icons of Time, Space, and Life.

My closed eyes see nothing but darkness and I can feel the warmth of aetheric runes slowly form in my body coating me with a burning yet satisfying sensation.

And then, my mind was opened. To the world, to the whole world around me, I saw the countless branches and paths of time represented in a single tree that glowed in blue.

It was an ethereal sight to behold and it felt timeless in here. The sky above was as dark as the night, it was eerie enough that I'm alone but a chill went down my spine at the thought of someone in the dark watching my every move.

So this is fate, I felt powerful, omnipotent, a true god. But this power would only last for a brief period, like a light that illuminated and flickered as it did.

But even if I held the formidable power of the cosmos I found it hard to tamper with the events that were already made and sealed by fate itself.

It was rejecting me despite knowing my intention, denying me access to what has passed and what is to come.

So was this all pointless? No, there has to be some way.

I observed the tree and studied its branches, there were countless and it was impossible to count them as there wdre many, however there were some branches that had ends that were short or some that, even though were long, came to and end.

They had a different aura to them, they had a weaker aura. With all of my strength mustered I decided to climb the tree and reach these branches to study them further.

Almost there, I said to myself as I stretched out my arm to grab one of the branches.

When I grabbed one of them images rapidly played in my mind, they were the memories of the person whose life has come to an end. His name was Rai Ulnerkun, a renowned dwarven blacksmith, cause of death was an accident.

In the end of the branch was a small flower that bloomed, and that flower contained the soul of the man who had died.

I plucked the fruit and held it in my hand. It dissolved into a lustrous dust of gold that was blown away by a nonexistent breeze.

Reincarnation, the first thought the crossed in my mind. Turning my head around I saw countless other trees, there were an infinite amount of them. They all must be from different worlds that this plane of existence harbors.

Naturally I chose the closest tree within my reach, it was colorful, more vibrant, and the people were smarter than everyone in my world. I placed the seed beside the roots of the tree, but before it left me strange markings in my hands slowly appeared.