Skills, Tested

||3rd Person||

"THREE!" Torch extended his wings and with a single sweep shot upwards as a ripple of wind blew past everyone in the class.

Kaspian immediately darted towards Bairon and Noah, his figure trailed by an icy mist created by Varay. Bairon braced as he plucked his spear from the ground and swung it, a torrent of fire emerging from its tip.

Kaspian leaped as the shroud of frost clashed with the brilliant yellow embers resulting in a cloud of steam. The black-haired swordsman emerged from the concealment, descending towards his foe while a gust of wind accelerated his fall.

"What'd I tell ya..." Noah fired three consecutive arrows all racing toward Kaspian faster than he could blink.

"Raise!" Varay barked out and a rectangular pillar rose from the ground in a slanted manner, facing away from her companion. The arrows punctured the pillar but stopped midway as the arrowheads protruded from the ice.

Using the wind that supported him he realigned his body, feet leading on the construct. With a single lunge from both his legs, the ice broke into countless shards that blasted toward Bairon.

The latter braced as he detected Varay's presence rushing towards him. With a single motion, he rotated his entire body, heaving himself and his spear. Their weapons clashed just as Bairon completed his move, the momentum making the ice mage's arms tremble as they vied for control.

"Don't forget the life of this party!" Kaspian harrumphed as he zoomed towards Bairon's right flank.

Noah quickly drew and shot an arrow, redirecting the black-haired augmenter toward him.

"Oh no, you don't!" Bairon gritted his teeth as he stomped on the ground prompting a pillar of fire to erupt from the ground. Kaspian stood back, avoiding the violent embers and retreating to assist Varay.

The fire mage saw this and with a heavy shove, he pushed her creating some distance before turning to meet Kaspian. Their weapons briefly clashed before he shifted toward his other foe who was charging toward him.

Noah kept firing barrages in the background, supporting Bairon by giving him space and some height advantage by altering the terrain.

The entire class marveled at the spectacle they saw. Bairon managed to fend off both Kaspian and Varay while Noah provided Bairon with all of the support he needed.

"Now that's a fight!" Professor Glory barked from above, "Kaspian and Varay, you only have three minutes left, no pressure!"

"Dammit," Varay hissed as she kept dodging Bairon's attacks, failing to find any openings she could exploit due to the reach of his weapon.

"Kaspian!" She called out making him retreat to her position as she ducked to dodge an arrow, and propelled herself backward to avoid a tendril of lightning from Bairon.

The latter let them retreat as Noah kept firing his stone arrows, still applying pressure to the two even without confrontation.

She swung her sword, chopping a stone projectile in half before creating a small dome of ice that protected her and Kaspian from bolts of lightning that rumbled.

"So, what do we do now?" Kaspian asked in between his gasps for air.

"Our plan of trying to overwhelm Bairon didn't work. I need you to go towards Noah and focus on bridging the gap between you and him, I'll handle Bairon. We only need to get the pole, not defeat them, got it?"

"Every word heard."

"Good, now move along with the mist, we still got time left." She ended their short meeting by dispersing the ice dome that quickly enveloped the entire field.