A Day in Xyrus Academy

||Varay Aurae||

"You're late, again. Although I'm not surprised." I saw Kaspian leaning on a post, greeting me as I walked out of the carriage I rode.

"I'm only late because you're early."

"Thirty minutes, to be exact." He added with a grin.

He was tall and slender despite his age, his eyes were stern due to his glasses and jet-black hair and he changes how it looked every week for some reason. Despite his seemingly cold aura, his personality is quite the opposite, often an outgoing guy and a talkative one at that.

"Of course, a new hairstyle. What did I even expect," I pointed out as my eyes quickly glanced at the top of his head, his hair tied to the back while some of his bangs hung on both sides of his face?

"Speaking of which, where's Bairon?" I asked.

"He already went in, saying that waiting for you would be a waste of time since you can walk towards the classrooms anyways," Kaspian replied.

"And you said that I'm cold."

"Unlike you, he's the council president so there's a perfect reason for him to always be punctual." Kaspian squinted his eyes and flicked my forehead.

We proceeded to make our way inside the campus, treading along the path while almost everyone stared at me with their heads quickly swiveling towards my direction, especially the males who seem to stop whenever they get a glance at me.

"You never change, don't you?" I heard Kaspian retort as he walked behind me.

"What is there to change?"

"Good morning, Varay." I received another greeting, it was from a more familiar face this time.

"Likewise, Diane,"

"How was your weekend?" Kaspian asked.

"I stayed at the dormitory, my parents were on a trip," Diane replied.

"You should've said so, then. I would've thrown a tea party for the both of us." I added.

"There's no need to~", She sheepishly said, waving her hand, "Besides, I had fun reading books in the library and testing new spells."

"Oh? I want to hear more about it once we have our lunch break." She caught my attention.

"I would love to, well see you later." She smiled as she waved us goodbye.

"Looks like it's only the two of us now." Kaspian patted my shoulder before dashing through the hallway.

"Whoever is last gets to treat the winner." Kaspian challenged.

"You're on." I accepted.

I didn't comply with the challenge, of course, and only walked at a normal pace as his steps echoed in the hallways.

Seconds later I see a guy who had black hair that was combed neatly to the side. He was slender and quite tall for his age, he walked with poise and had a solemn and familiar aura.

"William," I called out to a guy who was walking and staring at his books.

"Yeah?" He asked turning to face me,

"Ah, Big boss herself. Anything I could do for you?" He said, perking his head up from a book he was reading.

"A student was running in the hallways earlier," I informed.

"Do you know where they're heading?" He asked.

"He's heading for the High Magic and Deviancy theory class," I replied.