Expansion of Affairs

||Grey Hierghund||

"Here's your gold." Gustav hands me a small leather sack, the inside illuminated with yellow as I opened it to check the contents. I look back at him with a smile as Solomon delivers the sack of beans to the cupboard.

"I've already driven three other bakeries to the ground because of this coffee!" He proudly exclaims, followed by a hearty laugh.

His assistant, Piedmo or something, pokes his head into the kitchen, "Chief, I need the coffee!"

"Preparing a batch right now!" He bellows, jumping from his seat. The crowd outside becomes increasingly louder as they hear his voice. I can hear some thumping violently on the tables and counters. Piedmo hurriedly rushed back to his post, trying to quell the storm building up at the shop's front.

"You should hire more people," I advise him.

He didn't answer while he quickly fumbled in order to light the wood on fire, he places a metal pot filled with water and waited until it boiled.

It was only a couple of minutes, but the silence felt like more than that, all the while an impatient mob was waiting outside the room.

"I'll look into it," Gustav finally replies as the water from the metal pot boils.

I handed Solomon sixty percent of the gold who stored it in a different coin sack. He counted the coins, smiling before opening his mouth, "I'll be damned, it's only been some time, and this man's already ordered another sack."

"He's reselling the other sacks for a higher price, the sly bastard." I grin, pointing my hand at the hearty baker.

"At this rate, half of the kingdom's gonna want to have a taste." Solomon chuckled back, wagging his hand in the air.

"Indeed, well, my friend, I have other matters to attend to." I stand up, prompting Solomon to do the same.

"Safe travels, Ca-...Grey." He corrects himself as we both shook hands with a firm tug before letting go.

"You as well." I bid farewell to Solomon, who quickly turned to Gustav to assist him with the brewing.

I stepped outside of the kitchen to see a mass of people all lined up in front of Piedmo, workers, artisans, and adventurers. They all looked like packs of wolves ready to devour their prey. Piedmo was understandably tense as any more waiting can result in a commotion caused by the already disgruntled patrons.

Walking behind him, I slid a gold coin into his right pocket before tapping him on the shoulder, "Keep working hard, kid. One day, Gustav will see you as a son more than his own."

I slowly made it outside, weaving left to right from the mass of people gathered. Even so, the shop keeps attracting more and more. I hope the guys inside make it through the day. It was at least nine in the morning, the sun was fairly dimmed by the clouds, and the city still looked like it did the last few months.

A red carriage immediately halted in front of me, the coach tugging hard on the ropes around the mana beasts. The door opened soon after, it was Alexander.

"Well, hurry on now." He urged, "I'll inform you about the renegotiation as we go."

"Renegotiate?" I echoed out to Father as I embarked on a carriage. At a moment's notice, the mana beasts galloped through the streets of Etitsin city. I peered through the door's window to see the outside, a strange habit I picked up for some reason. I sat opposite him on the rear seat while he was in the front.

"Yes, House Aurae has placed more interest in where we're going. This is why we're going to renegotiate our terms and manners regarding our business." He further clarified.