Coffea Arabica

||Grey Hierghund||

I slid through the gathering crowd, a ruckus was amidst the docks.

"Excuse me."

"Coming through."

"Pardon me, sir."

I repeated these three words as I kept slithering. I protruded my head above the crowd to see a better picture of what was happening.

"Waan ka xumahay, laakiin kuma fahmi karo." A man with a dark complexion and a simple brown shirt with large baggy trousers apologized.

"Does anyone understand what he's saying?" The harbormaster beside him shouted to the crowd but no avail.

"Waxaan u baahanahay inaan arko nin lagu magacaabo Grey, wuu i fahmayaa."

"Grey?" The man asked in a confused state, as it was the only word he could understand.

"Y-yes, he's with me!" I shouted as I finally got in front.

My right hand reached out for my pocket which contained a letter. I handed it to the harbormaster who, after reading the contents, gave it back to me.

"Alright then, it will be fifty silver coins for the ship's docking rights, shall I place it under your name, Sir Hierghund?"

"Yes, it would be better to do so."

"It is settled then, a pleasure doing business with you Sir Hierghund," He shook my hand before turning to the other man, "And you sir...."

"Haile, his name is Haile Solomon," I said on behalf.

"Alright."

From my storage ring, I gave the man a small bundle of fifty silver coins. Well, there goes my allowance...

||Haile Solomon||

After shaking the man's hand, Grey caught me by the shoulder and walked me out of the crowd.

I could feel the uncomfortable gazes of the people around me, it must be the skin color.

"Alright, clear the harbor, all of you!" The harbormaster bellowed, making the crowd disperse and continue on their own.

Seconds later, my men began to unload the goods the ship was carrying, some were making sure that the vessel was firmly in place. The scent of the sea washes over me and calms my soul, the ocean breeze cooling my head from the afternoon heat.

"I'm sorry for the unprecedented chaos back in there," I said.

"Don't worry about it, the harbormaster has faced more troubles than you," He replied to me in my language, "Anyways, how was the voyage into this new continent?"

"The route leading to here was awful, lost some of my men to the seas and scurvy. Luckily the bags of beans remained dry." I reported with a disgruntled sigh.

"Indeed, my friend. I am sorry for the losses you faced, rest assured your men didn't come here for nothing."

"So, shall we proceed with what is planned?" I cocked my head towards the sacks of coffee beans that were being safely dislodged from the docks.

"Let's find ourselves some riches." He said with a hearty laugh.

I waved my hand to one of the crew members who immediately complied and went inside the ship, after some time a wooden wagon was slowly being brought down by pulleys and ropes before it gently touched the docks. The men proceeded to carry the sacks and load them into one wagon.

"We only need to load three, correct?" I questioned Grey.

"Yes, the rest would be kept in a storehouse." He replied pulling out a ring with keys in it.