PROLOGUE

A scalpel is said to be one of the sharpest medical instruments. You know what's worse than a incision from a scalpel? A scar left by one that reminds you of a memory, one that gave you life eventhough it was supposed to relapse like it always did. Loving something so much that you don't want to go back.

I'm holding onto this feeling, a empty heart and voices that rummage through my head, holding onto every word that we shared, every moment we called special, everything that's said and done.

Here I was alone, a flower in hand staring at the hollow ground and the tombstone, reliving every moment we spent here, a place we genuenly loved, flashback after flashback, as if it were a movie.

"I'm going to get you, Elizabeth", he said running behind me. Eventually catching up and holding me by my waist and swinging me up in the air, leaving room only for laughter.

"I love you",he said holding me close to him, my head tucked under his chin, "I am going to save you, not let you wake up alone. It doesn't matter what price I have to pay, even if I'm bleeding onto life, even if my feet give out and my knees shatter, I'll crawl to you, I'll hold onto you. No matter how broken we are, no matter what pain we've see, no matter the blood that's been drawn from us, we'll stick together. Because that's what we do, we fight for each other, and I won't hesitate to die for you"

"Why?", I asked not knowing what he meant at the time, why he would hold onto something so broken.

"Because I love you. You make me complete, you bring me to life and if i can do something to give it back to you, I will"

"Will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me"

I could feel the slow tears that went tumbling down my eyes. I would curse the universe, I could a scream, shout and beg the stars to hand him back to me, to let me live another night in the comfort of his arms but it was all futile.

He was gone.

"I don't want to say goodbye, cause those are forever", I said as I bent down placing the flowers on his grave, "I'll see you soon, my love"