21

ELIZABETH'S POV:

ELIZABETH'S POV:

We sat down, slowly sliding down on the cold floor with a bucket full of ice cream and chocolates . I held onto a picture frame, one from four years ago, the day of our graduation party.

The day everyone and everything changed, the day when my life got royally fucked up.

I was scared. I didn't want things to end for Myles the way they did for me. I will make sure they don't. I have to, I have to for him.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Our graduation party", I say as I look at the picture. I was wearing a black dress that reached upto my knees and my hair was straightened, lips a dark shade of red and a smile that spread from ear to ear, standing next to Alex and Aries, both of them wore a tuxedo, Aries a black one and Alex a bright pink one, one that said "American dream" with sparkles and small crystals on his ass.

It was one reckless night. One that ended in fights, chaos, crying and hospitals. It was the night that changed me forever.

"What if I pull a graduation day in Paris, Alex?"

"I'll come over and catch you"

"I'm being serious"

"So am I, bunny. You can fall, it's okay to fall, I'll always be here to catch you, you'll always land with me ", he said, scooting over to sit right next to me as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I rested my head on his shoulder. Something we both grew oddly familiar with, something we did a lot, maybe that is what comfort is to us, knowing we are safe with each other.

"You are the person I know 7 year old me would feel safe with, Alex" , I said.

I've seen children build their stuffed toy at build-a-bear, I've seen couples pick out flowers for their partners but that day, that day I made my own family, a family that wasn't alcohol bottles that sat empty on the floor alone, it wasn't drugs or empty rooms, it was a real family. The same day things tumbled down for me be it from the words that felt like venom that fell from the lips of the doctors or the uncertainty of what was going on, but I didn't fall, and even if I did they caught me, like they've been doing for years now.

4 YEARS AGO

"We did it", exclaimed Alex as we reached the banquet where the university was throwing us a graduation day and farewell party. The hall was decorated with white balloons and roses with multi-color changing lights. I looked at him only to find him grinning, he was happy, glad even more that this was over, glad that we did this together. So was I.

"We did", I whispered, but I couldn't believe it was all coming to an end today, from all the laughs we had till the sun came up, the late night calls, the all nighters we pulled to finish a particular assignment, the reckless sneaking out so we could party, to, the years we spent writing our survival guides, the fights we had and the people we taught and learnt from. It was all coming to an end today.

Sometimes when you love something, it's best to let it go.

There was an open bar, a dance floor and tables with a white tablecloth and flowers that were on the back with chairs. Everything was serene and oddly perfect, nothing could ruin today.

There were people already dancing, some drinking, no one gave a single fuck, I mean it was the last day after all . Some didn't show up, some had ditched and some had already left, it didn't bother me, what it did was make me realise how fast people wanted this to come to an end, that not everyone wanted this to last forever. It made me look at it from a different perspective, one I didn't really look from for the past couple of years. Just because you enjoyed an experience doesn't mean everyone else did too.

"Ms. James, it's a surprise seeing you here", I hear someone say from behind only for me to turn behind and find Professor Daniel approaching me, the same professor who Aries and I spoke about earlier today.

"Its Doctor James"

"Ah, my sincere apologies. Should have failed you when I had the chance to"

"How sad, you couldn't have failed me even if you tried"

"Now, now, how about we put that mouth to a good use", he said but got stopped by Alex and Aries, who apparently could teleport now.

"Let the man talk, what's he going to do, talk about human anatomy that isn't related to sex, how a mouth has more use than to suck a dick ? Oh wait, he can't, he isn't even a man with the slightest bit of dignity"

"Shut up", he yelled before being thrown back by Aries. He wanted to say more,he wanted yell, scream and throw hands, maybe force himself on half of the women in this room

"Honestly I'm surprised to see you hear, Daniel, shouldn't you be hiding behind your mummy before the cops come for you?"

He wanted to say more, he wanted to yell, scream and show how fragile his masculinity was, he wanted to punch and push but he couldn't, all he got was being dragged away by the security.

"You okay?"

"I'm alright, let's get something to drink '' and so we did, we drank, we ran, we danced and sang together. The music had taken over all of us, swaying and dancing to the rhythm. It was the perfect day and perfect doesn't have to be everything tick marked. A glimpse of smiles and laughs that filled the atmosphere, a part of our stories we would all enjoy reading to our future selves.

"DRINKING GAME TIME", someone yelled, turning everyone, rushing towards the bar, pushing me forward. I could feel my heart beating as fast as it could right now, this isn't how the day was going to end, was it?

To say I was scared was a understatement, I couldn't do this but neither could I find a way out, with every shot that went down, with every bit of the burning sensation in my throat and my chest, I could feel myself going down, feeling dizzy, everything felt as if it were spinning, dancing to it's own rhythm and taking me with it.

"Alex" , I whisper, trying to stop him from cheering.

"Five more to go", he loudly cheered

"I can't do this"

"What's wrong?"

"I don't feel so well" and that's all I could say, that's all I remember before it all closed before my face hit the hardwood floor with my hand clenched against my chest, the burning sensation that was only in my throat had now spread like a wildfire across my body, my feet had already given out and now, so had my eyes.

--------------------

Here's chapter 21, I hope you enjoyed reading Dear Butterflies, dont forget to vote and comment.

Tag me if you post about Dear Butterflies on social media.

Instagram - @reythakker @starfire_2389

Twitter - @reyxthakker @starfire2389

Word count - 1225 words

Until next time, dont forget to vote and comment.

UNEDITED *