19

ELIZABETH'S POV :

ELIZABETH'S POV :

1 week later

Am I a dreamer or a doer? I think a bit of both. My actions revolve around people, maybe even ones I don't necessarily know, care about or think of. I centre myself along the dusted roads and the paths of sand dunes, railing against the corners of my life, trying to fix something that is broken. But sometimes things go in a different direction, an unexpected turning point if you'd like to call it one. 

Life isn't it a beautiful thing, full of mistakes and mysteries, from people who are always quick to judge and make up their opinions, without knowing the background or reasons perhaps even without having the slightest idea why the person might be doing it, to butterflies and a love that makes your heart explode when you look in their eyes. It's a mixtape if you look at it like that. 

What we do everyday is an endless marathon, a journey. We stopped in our tracks, looking out the window at the sky which was painted a dark blue with a hint of starlight, everything looked so small from here. The city fell at peace, time felt slowed down, serenity and the city felt as if they were colliding, from the crowd yelling things to the quiet of the water gushing down from the clouds. 

It was different. It was something I could never enjoy, until now. 

It felt perfect, everything felt perfectly in place. I couldn't help myself but turn around, to look at him. His face. I could go days and days staring at it, I would have hated how much I liked it, the way my body reacted to his smile, but I don't, I choose not to. I rest my hands on the windowsill, leaning a bit and letting the cool breeze was all over my face. It was rare enough to have a break during shifts, what was more rare was being away from the smell of blood, antiseptics, medication, cleaners and plastic. Not that I hated the hospital smell, it felt good to take a break. I felt him stepping ahead, standing right next to me, his body radiating warmth and calm, something about it felt like home. 

We didn't move, we didn't say a word, it was still. It was silent, a comfortable one, not one blinking on the verge of a breakdown. I could feel him lace his finger with mine, slowly following his action, I intertwined my fingers with his. 

We don't say anything, we don't move. All we do is stay,stand in the quiet staring at the storm. The real irony being how alive it made me feel, to some this may come across as weird or strange but, what makes you feel alive the most if not a storm? 

"Myles", I said, finally breaking off the bubble of silence that blanketed around us. 

"Yes ?" 

"I spoke to the doctors and the higher authorities the other day" 

"About what?" 

"About you", I said, "I spoke to them regarding a bone marrow transplant and new medicational procedures, I know I should have asked you first but I just wanted to -" 

"It's okay, you don't have to apologise, you did it for me and it's okay. What did the doctors say?" 

"They agree to it, in fact they happen to have informed me that there was a vacancy on the transplant list, one last spot, this could be our final shot" 

"What's the matter then ?" 

"It's in Paris, the hospital with the vacancy and new medications. It will be a long trip too, the stay being three months and a extra two weeks for recovery. The money will not be a issue since most of it is covered in your current medical insurance plan, but are you up for it?" 

"Would you go with me?" 

"You don't have to ask, I'll be with you in every single step", I said, squeezing his hand slightly. 

"You would do that for me?", he asked, his voice was laced with emotions, ones I've never seen before. Sentiments that he either refused to let others see or I was too hind sighted to notice. 

"I promised you I'd never let you go through this alone and I am a woman of my word, I'm not leaving you alone here. We are in this together", I said. Me and him, him and I were a we now, there were no turning points from here and that's the way I'd have it either way, cause that's what friends do, we stay. 

"Then let's do this", he said.  

"Great ! I'll make some calls and inform the team to get your documents and medical reports ready. I'll send the details of the hospital and medical staff to you by tomorrow, if that works ?" 

"That's fine" 

"It's going to be okay I promise", i said trying to reassure him, more like trying to reassure myself, give myself a reminder that it was going to be okay, that he was going to be in safe hands whilst me being there too incase anything happens, "Dr Leo Knight is the in charge of Oncology section there and is a close friend of mine, he will be overlooking the transplant and treatment with me" 

"Leo Knight?", he said, his voice filled with amusement and questioning and a smirk on his face. 

"Yes?" 

"Isn't Doctor Alexander's last name Knight?" 

"Yes it is" 

"Are they married or-", he tried saying but was cut off by me laughing and a loud voice in the background screaming "ew", "why would you say that ?" and "That dickhead is my slimy brother" 

"Here comes the bride"

---------------------

Here's chapter 19, I hope you enjoy reading Dear Butterflies, dont forget to vote and comment.

Tag me if you post about Dear Butterflies on social media.

Instagram - @reythakker @starfire_2389

Twitter - @reyxthakker @starfire2389

Word count - 996 words

Until next time, dont forget to vote and comment.

EDITED AND REVAMPED *