16

MYLES' POV

MYLES' POV

"There was far too much to celebrate after what had happened that day", she said, trying to remember everything that went down. I hate myself for missing these talks and all I can see are silhouettes of the woman she once was, someone who changed, someone she was trying to remember, a self she wanted to forget.

"Some were happy and some were furious, obviously not everyone loved us, we didn't like each other to begin with. It would have been outrageous to expect others to do so", she continued, staring at her palms, as if she were re reading every day the lines on her hands have been through, trying to remember every detail of someone she lost in the process, looking at the mural of a broken mosaic. 

It's late, I hear the door opening only for Alex to enter the room. 

"Theo told me you were here, thought you were going home early today?" 

"Decided to stay a little longer", she said, "We could leave together when your shift ends" , she continued only for me to squeeze her hand a little, I don't want her to go. I know I'm not supposed to get attached to her, I know I'm not supposed to hold onto her. 

She doesn't owe it to me. 

"We still have a good two hours to go, are you sure you want to stay back?" 

"Yes" 

"Alright then, I'll be on rounds for now. I'll come check on you in a while, Myles", he said and I nodded, "And before I forget,he asked me to give this to you", he continued as he handed the yellow file to Elizabeth before leaving. 

"Well I guess I've bothered you enough for today with my sob stories' ', she chuckled, preparing to stand up, I didn't want her to. So, I reached to her wrist, grabbing it, I didn't let her go. 

"You don't bother me, you couldn't even if you tried" 

"Myles", she said, letting out a sigh, "You're saying this because you feel obligated to" 

"No" 

"Aren't you annoyed?" 

"No", I say, "I want you to tell me everything that makes you happy, if you feel comfortable sharing. I want to know everything, every aspect of your life, what makes you happy and what made you cry" 

"You don't have to do that for me, you don't have to let me vent, you don't owe it to me" 

"You didn't owe me the comfort or the warmth, you didn't owe it to anyone to make me feel welcomed here, you don't owe me the calls after the day you left my house. But you did it anyways", I paused, "Let me do this for you" 

"Its too much to ask" 

"No, its not" 

"I can't put this on you" 

"You can always try" 

"Fine but if it gets worse, you will tell me to stop. If it makes you uncomfortable, if you feel like it's too much, if it bother you, if I bother you, you will ask me to shut up" 

"Trust me you will never bother me" 

"You can't be sure about that", she said laughing. God, I adore that laugh. 

"Yes, I can" 

"I wouldn't be so sure about that", she said, a smile dancing on her lips as she opened the file Alexander had given to her. 

I could notice the seriousness wash all over her face, from smiling and laughing, her face had morphed into a state of solemnity, shuffling through pages relentlessly, flipping back and forth, trying to look for a loophole but ended with slamming the file shut. 

"What's wrong?" 

"Your reports just came in" 

"What about them?" 

"Myles", she paused, "I'm afraid they don't look so good"

-------------------------------

Here's chapter 16, I hope you enjoy reading Dear Butterflies, dont forget to vote and comment.

Tag me if you post about Dear Butterflies on social media.

Instagram - @reythakker @starfire_2389

Twitter - @reyxthakker @starfire2389

Word count - 670 words

Until next time, dont forget to vote and comment.

UNEDITED*

UNEDITED*