22

⚠️ TW// You may need tissues

( PAST )

4 Year ago

ELIZABETH'S POV :

Why do people care more about someone or something after they lose them, after they die ? Only appreciate it when the rains turn into a rainbow or a rose when it loses its thorns. Only like a moment when it's being captured on a camera, as a photograph, still and not live in the moment. Something, I could never understand why, until now.  

I was staring, staring at the ceiling not caring about the scratch marks, bandages , the tubes attached to my body, the little beeps from the heart monitor or the fact that I was lying on a hospital bed. It seemed so much easier to completely ignore these things. What wasn't easy to ignore were the white walls, the same walls that caved me in, making me feel claustrophobic within their tight boundaries , I felt like I couldn't breathe or see clearly, panic clearly rising to its peak, the white, the greys, the pale blues and faint lights overshadowed by the grey skies that were pouring rain had covered the entire room.  

I didn't want this, I didn't want to be here, I didn't want to cause a scene yesterday, the last thing I wanted was to cause another scene, to cause more problems.

"You're up", he said as he came in running, slamming the door behind him,"You're awake" 

"Hey", I replied, sitting up slowly and as if it were a cue making him run as fast as he could from the door to my bed. He pulled a chair that had been resting in the corner and sat down, pulling me into a hug. 

"What's he doing here ?", I questioned, looking out through the tiny glass window on the door as I noticed Aries sitting on one of the silver metal benches outside, his elbows on his thigh and palms enveloping his face, his black hair falling on his hands as he relaxed his muscles. He was wearing the same white shirt from last night. 

"He stayed here the whole night" 

"Why?"

"Claims he is the only one who is allowed to trouble you and be a pain in the ass for you, no one else, only him", Alex responded, "Anyways, how are you feeling ?", he asked.

"Do you want an honest answer or a make-belief one?" 

"A honest one" 

"I'm dying" 

"This isn't funny" 

"And I'm not joking, the muscles of my heart are thickening by the minute, my heart has irregular beating patterns and mixed coordination, I'm dying, Alex"