20

ELIZABETH'S POV:

ELIZABETH'S POV:

"Paris?", he asked.

"Yes, for about three months", I said, continuing to pack up my things and my clothes into the suitcase that sat on the carpet.

"With my idiot older brother?", he responded annoyed.

"Yes"

"Why?"

"I already told you, bunny, his hospital has a vacancy for a bone marrow transplant and the new drugs Myles needs for his leukaemia", I tried explaining it to him, "He also happens to be a great doctor"

"No he isn't a great doctor, he's a little bitch. Take me with you, I don't like Leo with you anyways"

Drama queen

"Leo is a nice guy and I'm not taking you with me", I responded without looking back at him and continued doing what I was.

"Why?", he whined.

"You behave like a five year old, especially when on a plane"

"No I don't", he replied, scrunching his nose.

"Yes you do, remember that time you decided to fight the air hostess because you thought she forgot to get you extra chocolates", I replied trying to put on a straight face and pretend I wasn't going to burst into a fit of laughter at the memory.

"How could you do that?", he said

"Sir-"

"I'm not done talking"

"Alex-"

"Too late now, my mood is all ruined, I wish I could leave you a bad review on yelp"

"Sir the chocolate is on your lap"

"Oh"

"She forgot the extra chocolates though and I'm not a child"

"And remember when you started singing on the top of your lungs after eating the wine cake and drinking half the champagne on the flight"

"Well atleast I didn't fall off the table in a bar"

"Hey ! That was one time", I said, "Alex pass me your white sweatshirt", I told him.

He stood up grumbling about how unfair I was and how I am going to hog up all the attention from not only his family who were also visiting Paris but also from my family who lived there.

"Take me with you"

"I'll think about it", I said

"Oh come on"

"Alex, the sweatshirt", I said only to end up with it being thrown on my face, "And you say you don't behave like a five year old"

"You love me"

"That I do"

"As you should", he said, passing me two more of his sweatshirts. Both thrown on my head, obviously, "Are you done packing yet?"

"No, Alex"

"Why?"

"Because I'm going away for 3 months and need to pack enough"

"But I want ice cream"

"Go get some then"

"Do you want any?"

"No"

"You always say that and then steal mine"

"Fine, get me some too"

"Go get it yourself"

"You're going anyways, please get some for me"

"No, you're going now. Get me some too"

"Fine, pack my bag for me"

"No", he said as he walked towards the small couch on the right, laying down on it like the diva he was.

"Oh come on", I said sighing, this guy is a five year old trapped in the body of a twenty eight year old man , "If you don't get it for me I'll assign Theodore as my replacement to work with you, for the next 3 months"

"Not him", he said, his face now filled with pure disgust, "Anyone but him"

"Dr. Paige it is then", I said trying to hide my laughter.

"Are you insane? Did your neurons short circuit ? Do you have brain parasites ?", he replied, pretending to gag on air only making me laugh more.

"I'll get your damn ice cream, just keep those leeches away from me and my work. Keep them away from my life, will you?"

It was little moments like these, it was the laughs and memories that stick in my mind, that I lived for, I loved them. And maybe time is perishable but these moments, these memories will forever be laced on my heart. I couldn't help but think how much I was going to miss these little things, the small pretend fights, how much I'll miss Alex.

So I did what I would, I ran. I ran, but this time not away from him but towards him.
He was standing near the refrigerator, staring at the two boxes of ice cream which he dropped when I hugged him.

"What's wrong?", he asked whilst he lightly brushed my hair.

"I'm going to miss you"

---------------------

Here's chapter 20, I hope you enjoyed reading Dear Butterflies, dont forget to vote and comment.

Tag me if you post about Dear Butterflies on social media.

Instagram - @reythakker @starfire_2389

Twitter - @reyxthakker @starfire2389

Word count - 784 words

Until next time, dont forget to vote and comment.

UNEDITED*