6

Tw/Alcohol

Tw/Alcohol

ELIZABETH'S POV

We got off work early today. We walked home together , I remember Alex kneeling down to my level as I sat on the floor, holding onto my hands, promising me it was going to be okay. I remember walking home and falling asleep because of the headache I had as a response to all the crying. I don't know how I got here, I don't know how I got here, in a bar, how many drinks I had had. 

It didn't matter anyway. 

I poured another shot, pretending it was okay. I think I've been here for hours now, drowning in a bottle of Whiskey? Vodka ? I don't know if I lost track a while ago. 

"Brian, pour me another one", I said, "Shots for everyone on me", I said which was followed by a cheer in the crowd, a loud one. I wasn't thinking anything through, for a while all the worries were lost, for a while the drunken sloppy, happy and giddy part of life was all mine. 

"Lizzie, are you sure you want to drink more? You've had more than enough", he asked. 

"Aw Brian I'll be fine", I said patting his shoulder flashing the best I'm perfectly fine smile only to have him shake his head and pour me a drink 

"You're going to end up killing yourself." 

"That's an excellent plan", I didn't let him speak, I stood up from the warm bench, stumbling in the process only to laugh at it. 

"Honey the amount of alcohol you've had in the past couple of months, ever since", he paused inspecting every single word he said, "Nevermind what, but the amount of alcohol you've been having isn't good" 

"People don't drink alcohol to get addicted or just because they 'like it', they drink to escape reality. If you look at it like that, it changes a lot of things." , I told him. I started walking to the other side of the bar, stumbling and bumping into people, laughing and giggling about god know what, but it felt good, I felt happy. My mind felt empty, no heavy thoughts. 

Euphoric, that is what I was feeling , as if there were clouds under my feet and everything felt as if it were a video game and I was the main character. I sat down on the stools, that I could see to my immediate right with a bright neon lighting that said, "Brian's bar" but I was too busy mesmerising the bright red light, the corners of it appeared as if they were small red balls of light, small red light drops. I was too drunk to think about anything else right now. 

Sweaty bodies were moving along each other, everyone was lost in the music, with alcohol running in their veins . I scanned through the crowd only to notice the brown haired boy with green eyes , the one whose face I couldn't forget no matter how hard I tried, sitting right next to me . His eyes looking into mine , it felt as if the room had slowed down , everything felt as if it was in slow motion. How could he be here ? Maybe I'm hallucinating?