20

3rd POV

"I'm nervous."

Venti confessed while walking to the ruins with his group.

"Don't worry, we're in this together!" Ganyu encouraged.

Venti sighed.

They walked in silence later, followed by fifty specially trained elite soldiers.

Everyone was nervous, but tried their best not to show it.

They finally reached. Keqing gave everyone their weapon and settled them in their respectful hideouts, before hiding behind a bush herself.

"After I run out, you all follow behind me as quick as possible, do you understand?" Keqing called out, responded by lots of 'yesses' and hums.

"Stay alert for the enemy! Keep your guard up! Don't hesitate to attack when they found out about us! Retreat immediately when I tell you to!" She ordered again.

After that, we stayed silent, looking out for the enemy.

Venti felt a hand on his shoulder and flinched. He looked towards the direction to see Ganyu placing a hand on his shoulder, looking at him worriedly.

"You've been so tense, are you alright?" She asked, concerned.

He nodded.

But he was actually not.

He wasn't scared that they were dealing with the Fatui and may get captured or killed in the process.

But he was scared that he would see Xiao in a 'not so good' state.

Bloodly and terrifiying images had haunted him every night when he tried to sleep. It had affected him more than he had realised.

Venti took a deep breath.

He couldn't afford to break down now. Xiao needed him, he needs to be strong.

He needs to be strong for Xiao, and everyone else.

He took a stance. Face gleaming with determination.

I won't let them take Xiao away from me.

Soon enough, sparks of blue started to appear out of thin air. Venti felt everyone get tense. Keqing lifted a hand slowly as a sign to get ready to strike.

Suddenly, a portal opened and the Fatui started flooding in.

Everyone was alarmed by the number of enemies.

But it was too late to back down.

With a loud roar, Keqing rushed forward, followed by all the soldiers hidden behind the bushes.

The Fatui were taken by surprise, not being able to ready themselves, a quarter of them were slaughtered. 

However, as they started recovering from shock, the battle turned incredibly heated. Swords clashing with each other, blood splattered and painted the ground a gruesome red, the foul smell weaving among the soldiers.

One by one, the bodies fell. Agonizing screams of soldiers from both sides filled the air. 

The Fatui, overwhelmed by the soldiers, slowly decreased in numbers. It was clear that they wouldn't be winning this war.

A certain ginger clicked his tongue, watching the scene from behind.

"Oi," he called out, sounding incredibly irritated. A Fatui soldier scrambled beside him, and kneeled down.

"Call off the war," he ordered, sending a piercing glare at the soldier. 

"Yes sir."

The soldier quickly stood up and blew a horn, signaling to retreat. 

The remaining Fatui instantly swarmed behind, leaving the battlefield. 

Childe opened a portal and stepped in, followed by the Fatui.

Venti snapped his head to the scene, gasping. 

Before he knew it, he felt his legs carrying him towards them.

He wasn't going to let them get away.

He sprinted towards the them and with all his remaining energy..

He leapt into the half closed portal.

.

.

.

H-hey guys..

I finally updated HAHAHAHAH

I think I wrote rather lazily but I'm too tired to care 🗿

Ima disappear for half a year again

Peace out ✌️