0.2

| sour patch kids — bryce vine|

It was precisely 3:21 pm on a Wednesday the first time Juniper met Fezco— well officially met. Face to face, with names. Neither of them knew that they had met under the stars a week ago. Juniper would realize sooner than the other, but frankly she was terrified of him finding out.

Now this sounds like immense information for one single afternoon, but when I tell you that their first meeting was awkward, I'm not kidding around. That shit was sad.

I've never seen anything more fucking awkward in my whole life.

Juniper alarmed the gas station door's bell as she entered. The sun was still crisp, and high in the sky. The heat wrapped around the girl's shoulders, but the AC blasting through the gas station comforted her more.

Her scuffed up sneakers kissed the linoleum as her eyes browsed the isles. Juniper held her hands behind her back as she shuffled around the nearly abandoned mini-mart.

She had come for one thing: lemonade. It was something she craved on really hot days, and also on her period. Today was a day of both heat and complete misery of her ovaries.

"Lemonade," she murmured to herself as she twisted on her heels, forcing her jade green, wrap dress to swirl around her thighs. "If I were lemonade..." she paused as she finally made it to the drink section. Juniper waltzed past the beer and soft drinks before she reached the fourth door. There were iced tea and lemonades hidden behind the glass. "Here," she grinned lightly.

Juniper yanked on the handle expecting to be met with the cool air from the refrigerator, though she wasn't. The light dimmed quickly, and it took her a few seconds to process what she was staring at.

A small room with a circular table was in front of her, with three people sitting around it. There was a girl with long, brown curly hair sitting with her back to Juniper. She had her face resting on her palms as she spoke to someone a little outside of Juniper's eye shot. Then there was a younger boy with two small face tattoos. He was counting money, though his eyes were drawn to the door as it opened. His eyes met Juniper's.

"Shit," she muttered to herself. Her body froze as fear crawled up from her stomach. She had no idea what she just walked in on.

"Aye yo, Fez," he called, never taking his eyes off Juniper.

"What?"

Juniper widened her eyes slightly at the voice. She thought she recognized it for a split moment, though she had just moved. Juniper hadn't met anyone besides Rue.

yeah that's what she thought

The young boy simply raised his index finger and pointed toward the door. Juniper still stood with her hand on the handle. "We got eyes."

"I'm sorry," she quickly mumbled out. "I-I didn't see anything! I just wanted—" Before she could finish apologizing, someone stood in front of the light. The change made Juniper take her eyes away from the boy. They moved slowly to the new figure, who within a few seconds was fully illuminated. "lemonade..." she breathed as she set eyes on them.